Beardies Rubbing Faces?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Recently, my beardies have started rubbing their mouths on the floor and decor in the tank, typically after feeding. They have both shed just fine, doesn't appear to be happening again so soon, any thoughts? I just want to make sure nothing is wrong, and that this is normal. Also new here, hopefully there's nothing I am missing on how to post these.
Thank you!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Haven't you ever had an itch? :lol:
It's perfectly fine. Could be a little food stuck to their lips, or a little shed that you thought came off, but didn't entirely (which mine just went through).
As long as they're not rubbing it raw, no worries.

reptilez12

Original Poster
SandP":2p424kde said:
Are they housed together?
They are indeed housed together, and I know there is some controversy about that topic. As of right now, they are doing just fine, and I am monitoring them closely. If anything goes wrong, I will separate them, of course, to not cause injury or death.

reptilez12

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":240q4hzg said:
Haven't you ever had an itch? :lol:
It's perfectly fine. Could be a little food stuck to their lips, or a little shed that you thought came off, but didn't entirely (which mine just went through).
As long as they're not rubbing it raw, no worries.
Thank you ^^

SPandS

Juvie Member
It's best to not wait until something bad happens and be proactive and not allow it to ever happen. Plus even if they never attack each other one, if not both, will be stressed by being forced to live with something they know can attack at any moment. The stress and anxiety of that can cause them to not eat like they should or bask like they should and can cause slow gradual damage. Think of it like this, how would you feel having to live 24/7 with someone who is a bully?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
reptilez12":1rkknpq8 said:
SandP":1rkknpq8 said:
Are they housed together?
They are indeed housed together, and I know there is some controversy about that topic.
Ah.... a diplomat! :laughing6:

What are their ages (roughly, or Age Groups*), genders, and how big is the enclosure (dimensions--not gallons :) )? :study:

*Age Groups
Hatchling_____0-2 months
Juvenile______2-7 months
Sub-adult____7-18 months
Adult________18+ months

reptilez12

Original Poster
They are both Juvenile, I have not determined gender but am soon, and they live in a 36″ x 18″ x 18" enclosure. Thank you all for the advice, I am actively trying to change their habitat and get another one for the second beardie! (I did a lot of research)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom