Black scar on leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richie507

I am the proud owner of many reptile friends, but Ozzie is my first bearded dragon. He is around 3 months old. I got him 5 days ago and noticed what looks to be like a black scar on his left leg.

The scales in the area look ugly but it doesn’t seem to bother him. The area is dry like a scab and he can move his leg perfectly fine. He is very active and eats well, actively chasing his feeders but I want to make sure he is in good health. He had this since before I got him so I sent an image to the person who sold him to me and he said it could be a “paradox” but that I should wait for Ozzie to shed and keep a close look on the scar.
I want to mention there are no herpvets where I live and that is why I am seeking help here. Even though Ozzie seems to be in good health, I want to be sure and know if this is a healing wound or if I should take some steps to help him, because the affected area looks very ugly.
I attached an image of the leg.

107699-9267539209.jpg
107699-5953145856.jpg
107699-5793297053.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, first thing to try is get some betadine and mix it in a small tub with warm water to set Ozzie in. Use a small soft toothbrush to gently brush that area just to see if it's possibly just a poo stain. If it doesn't come off you can apply betadine to it daily and after it dries use neosporin or better yet, raw unpasteurized honey. The honey is a wound healer + has antimicrobial properties. I think he'l be fine though and it's good that his activity level is normal. :)

Richie507

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply! I tried brushing it off but it was definitely a scab because it didn’t come off. He is shedding right now and the scab disappeared! :D!!! I am glad he is ok. It seems it was probably a wound he got from another baby dragon. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom