Temperature

Status
Not open for further replies.
My concern is that my bearded dragons basking spot is at 111f sometimes gets to 114 at the highest should I put the lamp a bit higher to change the temp or should i leave as is she doesnt bask at the hottest part she basks around the the side that's around 100-103 should I lower the temp? She doesnt gape she just doesnt hang out around the hot spot a lot only sometimes

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I would say try raising the lamp a bit if you can, then see how your dragon uses the basking spot then. Those aren't terrible temps, but if you're seeing that she likes lower temps, gove that a shot. :0)

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
I dont know because her body does not feel as warm but I think it's her logs that trap lots of heat because when I use the ir tem gun on her in hot spot the max temp she gets is 101 she doesnt gape as much aswell only for a while and then stops one weird thing she also does out of no where is jump off her log and glass surf should that be concerning?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Deathtrack123":3v7ywh17 said:
I dont know because her body does not feel as warm but I think it's her logs that trap lots of heat because when I use the ir tem gun on her in hot spot the max temp she gets is 101 she doesnt gape as much aswell only for a while and then stops one weird thing she also does out of no where is jump off her log and glass surf should that be concerning?
I think that's fairly normal restlessness. Mine does it, too.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

If the tank is large enough, and there are multiple areas to bask for your dragon to choose from, it's not really too big of a deal. Just make sure that your cool side temp is ok.
Your dragon will pick the spot that is most comfortable for it. The key is making sure that your dragon has the options if you're going to allow it to be that hot.

Raising the bulb should help a lot.

-Brandon

Deathtrack123

Original Poster
Ok thanks I raised the bulb a bit and is around 110 at the highest but basks their sometimes and gapes and around the end of the day goes to the cooler side would those temps cause any problems or will she be ok she doesnt really go to the cool side of her tank

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Deathtrack123":15y3ft6z said:
Ok thanks I raised the bulb a bit and is around 110 at the highest but basks their sometimes and gapes and around the end of the day goes to the cooler side would those temps cause any problems or will she be ok she doesnt really go to the cool side of her tank
What temps? The only temp you've mentioned so far is basking surface temp. That's a good starting point; in addition to that, Cool side should be around 80°F and Warm side around 90°F.

Getting enclosure temps & humidity right does take some trial & error. There are always ways of raising/lowering enclosure temps and humidity.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Deathtrack123":3rdee8n7 said:
Her cool side is about 77-75 I belive but I would need to check again and warm side is at about 90
That's OK; we're all on lock-down, so we can wait! :lol:

(Gotta find some humor in this situation where we can.) :wink: :laughing6:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom