Is my bearded dragon the right size for his age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lili500

I’ve had my bearded dragon, mushu, for 5 months now. Mushu looked a like he might have been a month or two old already when I purchased him at pet smart. His is my first beaded dragon, so I don’t have a lot of experience. Based on my care, he has definitely grown since then. I would like an opinion on if he’s a good size at his age. Last time I measured him he was about 13 in. Is he growing at the right pace?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
How is his build/health otherwise? Growth & growth rate are largely genetic, and like kids, they can grow at different rates, and have growth spurts--some earlier and some later.

I wouldn't be concerned at that size, as long a he's healthy and not too skinny.

Out of curiosity, what are you feeding him, and how much/how often?

Lili500

Original Poster
I usually give my bearded dragon mealworms and crickets (dust them 3-4 times weekly), it’s the easiest to access in Alaska. I heard that that mealworms could cause impact from some sources, but other sources says that mealworms are completely safe. I also give him collard greens, bell peppers, and kale. Ive recently gave him some vitamin pellets for juvenile bearded dragons, make sure he’s getting all of his nutritional. I’ll post a picture of him.
107695-2548001553.jpg

Mine has the same name, around the same age! Haha, I'm sure he's doing just fine as long as you follow the necessary requirements for a happy and healthy beardie ^^

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
He looks fine, and the diet looks fine.
As long as his lighting is correct, I don't see any issues.

Lili500

Original Poster
He has a heat light and a uvb light. He’ll bask in both of them. I’ll turn both of them off, but since it’s Alaska I have a night heater for him so that he doesn’t get cold.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
He should be fine at night without supplemental heat as long as the room temp doesn't fall below 65°F.
If it does on a regular basis, then a CHE is prudent.

Lili500

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":or3p898v said:
He should be fine at night without supplemental heat as long as the room temp doesn't fall below 65°F.
If it does on a regular basis, then a CHE is prudent.

That’s what I meant when I said he has a night heater. In Alaska it can get cold at night so I made sure to get one from amazon. Don’t know the brand but it works great and It came with a thermostat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom