BEARDIE THREW UP 4 TIME WHAT IS WRONG??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison

Ok so I just lost my beardie to kidney problems. One of my others has thrown up at least 4 times already. She has an black beard and is acting normal, just pancaking on her log. I am extremely worried that something is wrong because she it throwing up. She just came out of brumation and eats here and there. Is she ok? I can send photos of the enclosure and her if it is needed please help...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sorry to hear it. It's most likely very serious, do you have an experienced [ only ] reptile vet ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Can you also describe her diet, how much water she gets, what type of lighting you have , what supplements you use exactly and how often ?

Madison

Original Poster
AHBD":1w4yeeud said:
Sorry to hear it. It's most likely very serious, do you have an experienced [ only ] reptile vet ? Here's how to post pics :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload them

Can you also describe her diet, how much water she gets, what type of lighting you have , what supplements you use exactly and how often ?
We don’t have or know a vet that treats just reptiles. She eats superworms, kale, collard greens, blueberries, strawberries, and had spring mix. When we gave the spring mix, it might have caused problems, do they throw up to get something out of their system? She is offered water everyday and drinks some. We have a heat lamp with a UVB mounted on the side. She hasn’t been given any supplements before. She acts normal but her beard is unusual black and I am stress it might mean she is distressed.
  • 107677-4407086107.jpg
    107677-9338998198.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

When is the last time she had a bowel movement?

It's possible that she is impacted, she does look quite plump. And she would throw up if she was continuing to eat while not being able to pass her waste.

What type of woodchips are those?

-Brandon

Madison

Original Poster
Claudiusx":3no8lp2c said:
Hi there,

When is the last time she had a bowel movement?

It's possible that she is impacted, she does look quite plump. And she would throw up if she was continuing to eat while not being able to pass her waste.

What type of woodchips are those?

-Brandon
We bought the wood chips from our local pet store to replace sand and she is monitored while eating her greens.
The last time was yesterday, and she had 2 poops with just a bit of white after her normal poop and it was normal. Does she need a vet to help impaction?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ok, if she is pooping she isn't impacted. especially if the poo's were normal.

How long have the chips been in there? Do you have the bag they came in, or know what type of chips they are?

If she ate a large amount of food, that can also cause them to throw up. But keeping a black beard definitely means shes in distress still.

How is she acting now?

-Brandon

Madison

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2a4leve9 said:
Ok, if she is pooping she isn't impacted. especially if the poo's were normal.

How long have the chips been in there? Do you have the bag they came in, or know what type of chips they are?

If she ate a large amount of food, that can also cause them to throw up. But keeping a black beard definitely means shes in distress still.

How is she acting now?

-Brandon
We have had them for close to a year, I think they are normal wood chips that are for beardies since it came from the shop we bought her.
She just came out of brumation a couple weeks ago, and she has eaten a good amount of food, the past 2 days she hasn’t eaten anything.
She is currently perked up sunning herself in her basking spot that is at 88-90 degrees, closing and opening her eyes to look at around.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
EDIT....I saw the other post that she had died, I'm so sorry. :( Or am I getting the 2 mixed up ? If this one is still alive what does the vomit look like ?

Madison

Original Poster
AHBD":rgkm3fbv said:
EDIT....I saw the other post that she had died, I'm so sorry. :(
Thank you for the support...
That’s why I am here to make sure my others don’t go down the same path...

Madison

Original Poster
AHBD":riy8o8ny said:
Is this one still alive ? If so what did the vomit look like ?
Yes she is still alive
It was purple ish with a little bit of red and green.
I had fed her spring mix, which turned out wasn’t good for her so I was wondering if they throw up food they can’t eat? And her beard is unusual black and yellow? I am just stressed she might be sick...

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It wouldn't be the spring mix at all, I have used it in my dragon's salad for years. Was there any wood chips or blood ?

Madison

Original Poster
AHBD":318k70jt said:
It wouldn't be the spring mix at all, I have used it in my dragon's salad for years. Was there any wood chips or blood ?
No wood chips. It was purple with red, but before there was a bit more blood than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom