Relaxed 6 Year Old Scared of Adult Male Caretaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long time Lurker, Thanks to the site and to all of you for my husbandry skills and healthy Dragon.

My dragon and I have always had a perfect, you leave me alone till I tell you to relationship. She would always treat my wife and son with different “moods” but was until recently very consistent in her dealings with me. Always greeted me with alert eye to eye contact with no change in altitude in her head as I approached. When I would handle her she would be alert in the daytime and quickly find a nice place to nuzzle in and go to sleep in the evening. The past few days has been drastically different. Although my wife nor son has reported difference in her behavior she immediately puddles/pancakes dropping her head and staring at me when I approach. As her primary caretaker and number one fan I am heart broken. Then I realize… I have been working from home for “reasons” now for a bit and due to the possibility of always having to be presentable had been clean shaven now for 6 years… I have a black beard… That’s why she is scarred?
Man I hope so.
I’m headed to go shave, If this doesn’t work does anyone have any Idea what the heck I could have done? I’m the one who feeds her, Wife and kid she reacts the same to, still wants to chase the golden retriever… Hope I haven’t lost my scaly snuggly friend.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Let us know if the shave helps. There was a post not long ago with a similar issue. I think it could be.
BTW welcome to the forums.
-Dee

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
Interested to see where this goes :D

I've been wondering if Mario reacts different to me with my glasses on or not, or if I'm wearing a hat or not...

The "black beard" thing might translate directly into your BD's language. Let us know!

BeardedOrgFan2020

Original Poster
Update: I shaved, it worked ?! She made eye contact, continued in her sun worshiper pose, full gape, no puddle, no pancake. Wow, a weeks worth of stubble scared my friend.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
BeardedOrgFan2020":3ufbvo9w said:
Update: I shaved, it worked ?! She made eye contact, continued in her sun worshiper pose, full gape, no puddle, no pancake. Wow, a weeks worth of stubble scared my friend.
Wow! Just talk to her like you always do and see if she keeps her old self. ? You may have hit on something. ?
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have heard of this behavior many times. I am glad the shaving thing worked for you, now if I could just get my dragon to like me at all, lol!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom