1 week after beardie fell down, still not moving

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, about a week has passed since my beardie fell, and her condition stayed about the same. In this week, she hasn't pooped (I tried to bathe her yesterday) or eaten anything (she's refusing, I once tried force feeding her, but she spit it out). She has been getting painkillers, but I see no change.

Her head sometimes twitches, and along with that, she opens her mouth wide open, closes it and then gulps (or something) a couple of times.
The rest of her body isn't really moving all that much, like she could lay down in one position for a whole day.

Tomorrow I'm going to the vet again, so is there anything specific I should ask? Or is there anybody here that knows what this could be?

Previous post: https://www.beardeddragon.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=253517

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This vet your going to is a reptile vet? It sounds like something is going on w/ in the head- and if she is still the same something is not right obviously - I wish you luck - some one w/ more medical knowledge will haft to try and answer your questions
Karrie

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Poor thing, she has some type of brain and/or spinal injury or a stroke. I really don't think there's going to be a recovery. Maybe someone else has something to add . So sorry about this tragedy. :(

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Wow, I am so sorry about your girl. :cry:
She has not moved or isn't able to move? Is she still opening/closing her mouth in the same
manner as in the video?
She likely did hit her head on the floor or something else. Is her beard dark in color or not?
You should consider taking her back to the vet but don't think there is anything that they can
do if she had a stroke or injured her head, or spine.
Let us know how she is doing.

Tracie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Poor thing, any updates for us? Have you talked to the vet again?

-Brandon

Goldenbloo

Original Poster
All this time we've been trying to heal her, but she didn't make it.

The first time she fell, she had a stroke. About an hour ago, Gloldi had another stroke.
My mom witnessed it, she saw that Goldi was twitching her legs for a couple of seconds, and in less than a minute, turned limp in her terrarium. She was only 3,5 years old...

To be honest, for the last couple of days, I thought that things were getting better. She started moving around more (even if it was a couple of steps) and overall looked better. We've been giving her medication and shots. Hell, she even hung out with my parents for a bit, which she never really does, and I like to think that it was because she knew that she was going to die, so she said her goodbyes then.

In about 15 minutes we're bringing her to the vet, where they can cremate her body. It's the right thing to do, after all.

I have a lot of photos of her on my phone and on my parents' phones, so at least I have something to remember her by.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Oh I'm so sorry , I thought it was a stroke. :( We never want to see this happen to a dearly loved pet, so sad for you + Goldie and your family. You did all you could to try + give her a chance. My deepest sympathy to you .

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I am very sorry for your loss of your girl. :cry: At least she was not alone & was loved by
everyone around her.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom