Carl is home! Foster uodate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, Carl has been fed collard greens and pellets. The person who fostered him until today said he LOVES crickets, I've also discovered he loves butter worms. I suspect he's going to love any moving insect. He's already gained weight since coming into care and I hope to expand on that. Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind. *edit - his tail did have a previous injury, not sure how though, he's a gorgeous citrus colour, was dehydrated but much better, and has NO other apparent health issues. Yay Carl!

Carl taking it in
87171-5479754433.jpg

Nom nom nom
87171-5638678675.jpg

Bonus shot - Charlie accidentally saw Carl (I was picking him up and failed to realize until his head swung around), so he got mommy snuggles, but was still miffed -
87171-6738447491.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Glad Carl is home-- I would ditch the pellets and start w/ fresh greens
Karrie

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
Exactly. I've never used pellets and don't plan to lots of fresh foods for my boys

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
NBGwen":16wvjqt9 said:
Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind.
Wow. From the pics he looks the same size as my 5 mo. old. Hard to tell size from the pics w/o a reference; got any length/weight measurements yet?

Best of luck; sounds good so far. :)

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Haha, that Charlie pic is great. He does look a bit bothered by Carl doesn't he lol!

-Brandon

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
MrSpectrum":1skecu2d said:
NBGwen":1skecu2d said:
Also, he's NINE YEARS OLD! That blew my mind.
Wow. From the pics he looks the same size as my 5 mo. old. Hard to tell size from the pics w/o a reference; got any length/weight measurements yet?

Best of luck; sounds good so far. :)

Carl's a little over 400 grams, Charlie is about 530 and he's not been eating as much as normal so that's low for Charlie. Carl is definitely underweight, but has a wicked appetite! So, I'm not that concerned, definitely will be having baths on the regular to get him hydrated. Charlie hates baths - he has a fountain dish in his enclosure and loves it, so he rarely gets in a tub unless he poos on himself lol

claudiusx":1skecu2d said:
Haha, that Charlie pic is great. He does look a bit bothered by Carl doesn't he lol!

-Brandon

You should have see Charlie this morning! I realized (belatedly) that Charlie could see Carl from his enclosure (it's lower than Carl's). I had to put a box in front of Carl's enclosure as Charlie was head bobbing and Carl was starting to wave. I don't want my boys stressed out! I'm going to be moving around the furniture so that the enclosures are stacked, so there's no chance they will see each other from their enclosures.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks a little skinny but generally pretty good! It's a really good sign that he is eating on his own and has a good appetite.

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
CooperDragon":13feyw8j said:
He looks a little skinny but generally pretty good! It's a really good sign that he is eating on his own and has a good appetite.

I was surprised at how good he looked considering how he was raised and that video! All things considered, I hope he lives to double his age :) <3 Oh - that blanket in that first picture...that's his blankie...not kidding <3

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
DragonPete":2dr4inx1 said:
Hey! So how's Carl doing now? Eating well etc? Just wondered how he's settling in. ?
-Dee

He eats bugs like a pig! Not a smuggler, but not bad at being held. I've already talked to the SPCA about being a foster fail ? I love him. Going to build the boys bigger homes in the spring with no reflective surfaces. Carl bobs at himself and he doesn't need any stress. He poops great. All in all, a success I think.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
NBGwen":3g1zxuuz said:
DragonPete":3g1zxuuz said:
Hey! So how's Carl doing now? Eating well etc? Just wondered how he's settling in. ?
-Dee

He eats bugs like a pig! Not a smuggler, but not bad at being held. I've already talked to the SPCA about being a foster fail ? I love him. Going to build the boys bigger homes in the spring with no reflective surfaces. Carl bobs at himself and he doesn't need any stress. He poops great. All in all, a success I think.

Glad to hear he's doing well.? Nothing wrong with being a foster FAIL. That's why I've never even tried to foster. ? Keep us updated occassionaly. Always love to hear happy stories. ❤
-Dee

NBGwen

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Carl
So, I started feeding the boys just plain old mixed field greens (I watch for spinach) - Carl LOVES IT! He ate it all up! It's a start! It's so funny how individual they are - Charlie can't be bothered to chase crickets, Carl LOVES his crickets. Charlie loves his worms, Carl barely looks at them :lol:

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
NBGwen":3bzywrk8 said:
So, I started feeding the boys just plain old mixed field greens (I watch for spinach) - Carl LOVES IT! He ate it all up! It's a start! It's so funny how individual they are - Charlie can't be bothered to chase crickets, Carl LOVES his crickets. Charlie loves his worms, Carl barely looks at them :lol:
Just like your human kids, can be different as night and day! ?
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom