Post your funny sleeping photos here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckys19

Original Poster
Found him like this last night. I moved him to the other side of his hammock, I didn't want the poor guy to fall!

106678-9018662474.jpg

I thought for sure he'd move last night but no, same position this morning when I went to put his greens in. ?
o8Mebkw.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Unfortunately, mine may not seem funny to most folks; it was hilarious to us because we know what led up to it. It's no secret that ZaRDoZ is a picky eater as far as greens, veggies, and fruits go, so I periodically try different tricks/techniques as they occur to me. Yesterday was one of these days. DW came home from the store w/ some sample fruits for him to try. He doesn't/won't eat anything that isn't moving, so I have to wiggle/vibrate some things in front of him in a forceps like they're a bug.

This paid off. He tried a slice of strawberry, a slice of cantaloupe, and part of a slice of banana. I (again) tried a blueberry, but (again) he wasn't having any (despite that bananas & blueberries together are a gift from the gods as far as flavor-blending goes... ? ). When he doesn't want something, he backs away, even if that means backing off a cliff into space. "Nuh-uh," means, "Nuh-uh" to ZaRDoZ.

These few morsels/mouthfuls of fruit were all he'd eaten yesterday, so I gave him an extra helping of num-numz (along with said blueberry) for supper, in time for him to bask them along their way before "lights out." He went through them in record time--somehow snarfing down the blueberry in the process, though I doubt he tasted it--and was still looking around for more, so I thought I'd goof on him a little (What's the point of having pets if you can't goof on them once in a while? :roll: ). I put 5 large super worms in his bowl. He slurped those suckers down faster than the num-numz. I'd guess it took all of ten seconds. Afterward, he got this strange look on his face, and climbed straight up the bricks (forsaking the steps) for the top of his basking tower. He stayed there for the rest of the evening, and went to sleep up there. HE HAS NEVER SLEPT UP THERE ONCE SINCE WE'VE HAD HIM; he always comes down to camp out someplace on his enclosure's floor--rarely in the same place twice, but always on the floor. It looked like one of those, "I can't believe I ate the whooooole thing," moments.

I couldn't get a shot of him sleeping there--it was too dark--though I tried w/ and w/o flash, and when the lights came on. He opened his eye instantly with the lights, but as you all know, he wasn't realy "awake" for a while yet...
105703-8493425487.jpg
The stain in front of and to the left of his head is a little banana stain from yesterday. :D

He's still up there as I type this (a little after noon the next day). He's moved around a little bit, going from spot to spot on the warm slate--and he's looking a little more alert--yet still flattened out. He occasionally eyes his bowl (currently full of salad) but has made no moves to come down & check it out. I think he's probably got the equivalent of a beardie tummy-ache. :laughing6:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
OK, let's try this again... Installed a cork round in Z's enclosure yesterday (I think?)
He took to it more quickly than I would have thought (had I thought), and slept like his last night--neck craned & all. His eyes were closed until I made a racket trying to get the door open to take the pic.

105703-2875072551.jpg

SarahGekkou

Hatchling Member
I like big butts and I cannot lie~
Lol, normally she sleeps up top on her tree facing out so this was a funny surprise one night.

108046-1835854072.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom