GOT A PAPER-TRAINED DRAGON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
In the months I've been reading this forum, I don't recall anyone (else) mentioning having a paper-trained dragon. I'm not referring to those that have paper towel substrates (though that's one way to begin) or those that defecate while bathing/soaking (which, when you think about it, is kinda like bathing/soaking in a sewer. :puke: )

Has anyone got an honest-to-gosh paper-trained dragon? I know it's been an incredible boon for me personally, and as such, I'd like to encourage it among beardie slaves. :laughing6:

Note to Moderators: I couldn't decide if this were better suited to Behavior, Health, or Enclosures, so I put it here for starters as a general question/topic.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes. He will glass surf the front of his tank when he needs to go, so being the good human slave that I am I will take him out of his tank to do his business in the bathtub (sans water) for easy clean up. I started doing this to keep stinky tank poos and a dirty dragon to a minimum, and now he usually waits to be taken out to poo. I don’t know if this is considered a bath poo since it technically is a bath tub but there’s no water involved. Also don’t know if this is me training him or him training me ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Linzloohoo":2ntubckq said:
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes.
ZaRDoZ has something similar. He stands on the paper towel with a look that says, "I feel the Urge... The Urge to Purge..." and then he does.

It's nice because I don't have to take him out. I just pick up the soiled paper towel, wipe up any liquid that leaked through to the tile, spray with Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and put down a new towel. Takes less than a minute.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":22jl0ynu said:
Linzloohoo":22jl0ynu said:
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes.
ZaRDoZ has something similar. He stands on the paper towel with a look that says, "I feel the Urge... The Urge to Purge..." and then he does.

It's nice because I don't have to take him out. I just pick up the soiled paper towel, wipe up any liquid that leaked through to the tile, spray with Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and put down a new towel. Takes less than a minute.
Although not paper trained, he does seem to go on the newspaper and not his small piece of carpet that is under and in front of his hide, kinda like a yard. Works for me.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom