GOT A PAPER-TRAINED DRAGON?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
In the months I've been reading this forum, I don't recall anyone (else) mentioning having a paper-trained dragon. I'm not referring to those that have paper towel substrates (though that's one way to begin) or those that defecate while bathing/soaking (which, when you think about it, is kinda like bathing/soaking in a sewer. :puke: )

Has anyone got an honest-to-gosh paper-trained dragon? I know it's been an incredible boon for me personally, and as such, I'd like to encourage it among beardie slaves. :laughing6:

Note to Moderators: I couldn't decide if this were better suited to Behavior, Health, or Enclosures, so I put it here for starters as a general question/topic.

Linzloohoo

Hatchling Member
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes. He will glass surf the front of his tank when he needs to go, so being the good human slave that I am I will take him out of his tank to do his business in the bathtub (sans water) for easy clean up. I started doing this to keep stinky tank poos and a dirty dragon to a minimum, and now he usually waits to be taken out to poo. I don’t know if this is considered a bath poo since it technically is a bath tub but there’s no water involved. Also don’t know if this is me training him or him training me ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Linzloohoo":2ntubckq said:
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes.
ZaRDoZ has something similar. He stands on the paper towel with a look that says, "I feel the Urge... The Urge to Purge..." and then he does.

It's nice because I don't have to take him out. I just pick up the soiled paper towel, wipe up any liquid that leaked through to the tile, spray with Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and put down a new towel. Takes less than a minute.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
MrSpectrum":22jl0ynu said:
Linzloohoo":22jl0ynu said:
Not paper trained, but I did start recognizing Kai’s I need to poop vibes.
ZaRDoZ has something similar. He stands on the paper towel with a look that says, "I feel the Urge... The Urge to Purge..." and then he does.

It's nice because I don't have to take him out. I just pick up the soiled paper towel, wipe up any liquid that leaked through to the tile, spray with Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and put down a new towel. Takes less than a minute.
Although not paper trained, he does seem to go on the newspaper and not his small piece of carpet that is under and in front of his hide, kinda like a yard. Works for me.
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom