Bearded food supply in case city/state shutdown/marshal law

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricBo

Hi. I’m looking for advice on some freeze dried foods that will supply my boy Slik with survivable nutrition for roughly a 3 month lock up in house or bug out scenarios? I will have bags of frozen peas carrots and green beans available for use if anyone could recommend other bags of frozen stuff I’d appreciate it.
My main concern is the freeze dried stuff,and what will give him decent nutritional needs for what I believe will be about 3 months minimum? The freeze dried stuff will obviously be Plan C and the last resort.
Edited
Thanks
Eric & Slik

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
EricBo":2vwi1qqa said:
Hi. I’m looking for advice on some freeze dried foods that will supply my boy Slik with survivable nutrition for roughly a 3 month lock up in house or bug out scenarios? I will have bags of frozen peas carrots and green beans available for use if anyone could recommend other bags of frozen stuff I’d appreciate it.
My main concern is the freeze dried stuff,and what will give him decent nutritional needs for what I believe will be about 3 months minimum? The freeze dried stuff will obviously be Plan C and the last resort.
Edited
Thanks
Eric & Slik

Not likely to happen, you need to stop listening to 1diot reporters on the TV , radio and in print who have a vested interest in fear mongering and propogating paranoia and panic in the population. Only 1 in a million people are currently infected in the USA , you have more chance of winning LOTTO than of catching Covid-19.

But if you want food to get in, I'd be looking at perhaps establishing a silkworm colony ( buying eggs or small worms and a some packs of powered chow ) , setting up a roach colony and a cricket colony , and getting some Repashi GrubPie in stock as a backup if you must.

EricBo

Original Poster
Pretty predictable response,and definitely should have said I’m not looking for a debate. Also what makes you so sure that I’m prepped for a virus, and not prepped for people with your mind set? Im a man,and my duty Is to keep my family safe,and my wife has slept very well for as long as I have known her because of that.
Remember women like men that take action,and not sitting on couch like a macho man know it all giving his useless opinions,and [swear word removed by Moderator]math to a man that always takes action even for his Bearded Dragons survival.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Hopefully no cities here in the US will shut down due to propaganda. However, it is always nice
to be prepared no matter what's going on.
You can always get some organic chicken or turkey baby food, along with squash & sweet
potato baby food. Just stash some away & keep it on hand.
You can always get fresh squash & bake it, then dice & freeze it.

Tracie

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
EricBo":3mkw0dc1 said:
Pretty predictable response,and definitely should have said I’m not looking for a debate. Also what makes you so sure that I’m prepped for a virus, and not prepped for people with your mind set? Im a man,and my duty Is to keep my family safe,and my wife has slept very well for as long as I have known her because of that.
Remember women like men that take action,and not sitting on couch like a macho man know it all giving his useless opinions,and[swear word removed by Moderator] math to a man that always takes action even for his Bearded Dragons survival.
Wow.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Personally, because I may be laid up for a time with spine surgery, I bought bags of frozen collards, yellow squash and okra just in case I run out of fresh and can't get to the store. Also have frozen peas, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Plus canned veggies. I figure he'll nibble on it if he's hungry. Will make sure I have plenty of worms before hand. Nothing wrong with being prepared.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Always a good idea to be prepared.

Getting started on breeding some colonies of bugs would be a good idea. Dubias are an extremely easy bug to breed, and they can eat scraps that you and your family dont eat if it ever came to that. Same with mealworms and superworms.

Tracies idea of baby food is another great idea. And it serves double purpose because in a pinch, you and your family could eat it too.

That should cover protein and "salad" requirements :)

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moderator Note:

Reminder to all, foul language is not allowed here, and goes against forum rules. That includes purposely trying to circumvent the profanity filter, even if you yourself dont believe the word to be foul. This is a family friendly forum, let's keep it that way

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
EricBo":27ry3pzl said:
Edited
Thanks
Eric & Slik
Hi, thought of an option. Research the Mormon bulk foods. Not sure about freeze dried but they are a big supplier for preppers. Don't know where you are but they have several stores in the US, one a couple hrs from me in NC. Pretty sure they ship. They have online catalog. You might find some usable things there.
-Dee

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If you have a food processor + icecube making trays.

Make up your chopped / grated mix of veg and greens , with the food processor , spoon the mix into the icecube trays , freeze.

Remove a cube as needed to thaw .

I do this for my dragons and skinks and use 2 cubes per day for 2 bearded dragons & 2 bluetongue skinks.
My "salad" is made in batches of 36 cubes and will last over 2 months.

EricBo

Original Poster
Not likely to happen, you need to stop listening to 1diot reporters on the TV , radio and in print who have a vested interest in fear mongering and propogating paranoia and panic in the population. Only 1 in a million people are currently infected in the USA , you have more chance of winning LOTTO than of catching Covid-19.

But if you want food to get in, I'd be looking at perhaps establishing a silkworm colony ( buying eggs or small worms and a some packs of powered chow ) , setting up a roach colony and a cricket colony , and getting some Repashi GrubPie in stock as a backup if you must.[/quote]

EricBo

Original Poster
I haven’t logged on in months,but funny how this aged especially over 200 days from the original 15 to flatten the curve. Supply chains almost broke down,and in some cases it has. Civil unrest,and rioting all over the world,and on the brink of a civil war. It was painfully obvious the direction they are moving us towards. Sad part is that second round of this scam is going to be the real food shortages,massive food lines and the real civil unrest kick off.
When people lose everything they lose it. That’s what’s on the horizon there smarty pants know it all

kingofnobbys":1wk8egce said:
EricBo":1wk8egce said:
Edited
Thanks
Eric & Slik

But if you want food to get in, I'd be looking at perhaps establishing a silkworm colony ( buying eggs or small worms and a some packs of powered chow ) , setting up a roach colony and a cricket colony , and getting some Repashi GrubPie in stock as a backup if you must.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom