Egg Laying

Status
Not open for further replies.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I have covered the sides of her cage for the past few days but she won't relent.

And there have been a couple times where I see her started to do the butt wiggle and get hopefully, but then she just takes a rather tiny bm. ??‍♀️

Hummm, its good that she's pooping, means shes eating also. It doesn't sound like she's in distress or anything.
I know your worried, maybe she senses that? I may be giving our reptile friends to much emotional ability by saying that though.
Hang in there, and keep us posted. Shes a pretty little dragon.
Tami

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She actually hasn't eatin during this last week. ??

I have offered greens, dubias, supers, wax and calcium worms. She doesn't want anything but is still pooping so I guess she's got something in there.

Mainly drinks lots of water. I let her drink in her bath but also drop liquid calcium mixed with water on her nose. She also gets liquid vitamins.

Currently her sand and top soil mix has been moved to her 120 gal. I made a hill and put her cave with some moss in it over there away from her bask light. She still basks for both uvb and heat but glass surfs and scratches like crazy (only digging if she's surfing the bottom).

I put her in our outside enclosure yesterday for a couple hours and she just enjoyed the sun, and the day before got to have a bath outside.

Also, thank you :)

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I just want her to make it through alright. Surgery is what I'm most scared of, but it's hasn't even been 2 whole weeks yet so I'm trying my hardest not to worry

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I went out and bought some repti-boost today since its been almost 2 weeks since Pancake ate and it said appetite stimulant as well as all nutritional needs.

She ended up drinking like 2 or 3 full syringes so I'm glad that she's at least getting something for the eggs. Very worried about the eggs stealing from her bones/muscles.

Hopefully all of my effort will be enough

Annabelle laid her first clutch 24 days after one mating. Her second clutch came 29 days after the first clutch and third clutch 27 days after the second clutch.
Its been 27 days since third clutch, and today she is getting antsy. I expect her to start scratching any time.
All 75 eggs are from one, single encounter with sunny. Did pancake mate? If so, do you know when?

107440-6062576603.jpg
For Annabelle lay box, which is a part of her tank now, until she's truly done laying, i use eco earth, and reptile sand, heaver on the eco earth. I wet it, and pack it down realy tight, where it stings your hand when you slap it. They like to know there cave will not collapse onec they lay their eggs and buried them. When she's close to laying, i move her basking light over the lay
box. Here is a picture of her aquarium.

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well, My male and female tried but I don't think he actually finished the deed. And if I had to guess roughly 3-4 weeks ago.

She's currently on the floor wall surfing the doors ?‍♀️

Wow, so you don't know if the eggs will be fertile or not. Ether way, im thinking nature will run its course and she will lay on her own. I hope you don't end up at vet visit, that sounds scary and expensive.
Im rooting for her.
Keep us posted.
Tami

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yea I have no clue. Because the dude is handicapped (missing part of his back legs) so Idk if he was actually able to pin her or not. I have an appt on Monday so at least the vet can check to make sure she isn't egg bound

DragonQueen3

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Dear friends,

Pancake had her vet appointment today and received 1 injection of oxytocin.

She prominently started laying eggs ON ME, on our drive to see my mom. So everything is alright now I think. So far she has laid 7 out of a possible 15.

Here was her xray
107227-5882719504.jpg

I have extra injections in the event she creates more eggs so no need to worry anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom