Eating right before going into brumation

Status
Not open for further replies.
O.k. so Gamera had a poop then went into a full sleep for a week. She woke up a couple days ago and ate some greens and worms. Yesterday she went back to sleep but didn't poop before she zonked out. Should I wake her up and keep her up until she does poop? Or just let her sleep? I know it's not good for them to brumate with food in their stomach. I can wake her up and stick her in the shower and she will poop. I just don't want to torment the girl. She had a clean fecal done just before she zonked out the first time. She is just shy of 2 and her temps are 98-100 on the basking area, 84 in the cool section and 72 in her hide. Tile floor and humidity 27-32 percent.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Gamera? Isn't that a turtle name? :lol:
?
"Gamera is really neat.
She is full of turtle meat.
We all love you, Gam-er-a!"

?
I'd let her sleep. BDs have been doing this for millions of years. I trust Nature that if she needs to, she'll wake up & do whatever she needs to do. :wink:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, a little food shouldn't hurt based on what I've experienced with my guy (similar behavior). She will poop eventually, it will just take longer than normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom