Thank you thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadiddle

I'm the proud mom of an 11 year old beautiful beardie named Cece. When I bought her I had no idea what I was getting into but I still felt that the "advice" I was receiving from the pet store didn't sound complete. I investigated online and made light, substrate, and food decisions based on what I found. I really felt like I was doing well by Cece. Two weeks ago I noted a shaky gait on my poor girl. It was a weekend and my vet was closed so I googled and found your forum. Im embarrassed to say that my investigations on what was best for Cece ended when she was a baby. Let's face it, there was a lot less information on the web 11 years ago. I found your discussion on the uvb lighting needed and made immediate changes thanks to Amazon and overnight shipping. She's still a little shaky but there's improvement in her gait. Your forum has likely saved her from pain and decline. I can't thank you all enough! As a side note, I believe I'm down an exotic veterinarian. I've boarded her there over vacations for the last 5 years and my lighting was never questioned.
Looking forward to learning all I can from here!
Kim

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Welcome to you and Cece! ?
If you have any questions, please ask, lots of experienced and knowledgeable people here to help.
Up on the top right you'll see CARE SHEETS and ARTICLES. Tons of good info there.?
-Dee

Kadiddle

Original Poster
Thanks! I roamed around the site earlier today and found some really great information.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Welcome to the site! If you read about the founder the lack of concise information is why this place was started. So people could get together and support each other.

I cringe thinking of some of the things I did as a kid with either my beardie or anoles. They lived long lives, and I did my best at the time, but I could have done better. You would be hard pressed to find someone online here without some past regret.

Kadiddle

Original Poster
DorgEndo":tjmyuqzu said:
Welcome to the site! If you read about the founder the lack of concise information is why this place was started. So people could get together and support each other.

I cringe thinking of some of the things I did as a kid with either my beardie or anoles. They lived long lives, and I did my best at the time, but I could have done better. You would be hard pressed to find someone online here without some past regret.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom