Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Here it is...
105703-9079324491.jpg
Left (Right side of face): Upper lip & nostril
Right (Left side of face): Corner of mouth & nostril

Didn't notice it before, because he does have some white markings along his lips and face between mouth and eyes--both sides.

My first thought was a bath & soft toothbrush treatment, but unlike other areas like tail & feet, I don't want to get his face/head wet lest it spark an URI. :(

Next thought was to firmly get ahold of him (wrapping if necessary) and go at it with same wettened soft toothbrush. :?:

Conundrum: :? Undermining our already tentative relationship, which in recent days has been improving. Don't want to mess that up. :?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Let it be. If it bothers him enough he will rub his face against something rough to help. Otherwise, shedding VERY rarely requires human intervention at all.
I am actually pretty strictly against helping shed, but that's just my thoughts and opinions.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Likewise, but last time he shed his head was weeks ago, and like I said, I didn't even notice this until this morning. At least one of his nostrils appears plugged; haven't noticed any breathing issues.

I can let it go, but if it's still there after his next head-shed and building layers... "Ah'll be back!"

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
IME, lip sheds are weird. They tend to start before the head shed for me. Oh and for my dragons too.. :mrgreen:

You have a perpetual shedder, maybe he's just getting ready bust out of his skin again.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
claudiusx":38sb2qzg said:
IME, lip sheds are weird. They tend to start before the head shed for me. Oh and for my dragons too.. :mrgreen:

You have a perpetual shedder, maybe he's just getting ready bust out of his skin again.

-Brandon

? Aren't they all, perpetual shedders, when young? Seems like some part of them are always shedding since they grow so fast! Shedding pics crack me up and Brandon, you have some of the best!
Lol!?
Z looks so cute with his little peely face. ?
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
UPDATE:

After the previous exchange, when I went back to give him his salad & num-nums for lunch, some of it had already peeled... THAT was fast! :lol:

The piece covering his left nostril was hanging off like a dangling chad (remember that one folks? :lol: ) and fluttered as he exhaled. DW thought it was hi-larious, and we both wondered if it sounded to him like a whistling booger... Yeah, I know... TMI! :bleick:

It's only now that I notice his head is just beginning to look a bit hazy--still a good week or two from popping.

This seems worthy of a new nickname... Mealy-maw? :roll:

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
OMG yes! I remember the hanging chads.? Again, we show our age.
Glad to hear the shed is coming off though. ?
-Dee

viola

The first time my bearded dragon started to shed I freked out! I knew what it was but like my mind went blank but now I know not to worry about it that just means he is growing :lol: :D ! any ways good luck just wanted to share a story for a little laugh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom