Hornworms are friends, Not food.

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Hornworms are friends, Not food.

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:25 pm

I Decided to feed the dragons some more hornworms as they were getting quite large, Everyone quickly and aggressively ate their worms, But When I went to feed Mulder, instead of him quickly eating it he was apparently fascinated by it instead.
Here's how things turned out:

[Click image to enlarge]

Mulder Gazes at this green thing in awe and confusion, What could this thing be?

[Click image to enlarge]
Ya know, I think I like this little green thing, He shall be my new buddy. I will call him Tom.

[Click image to enlarge]

Rocket tries his best to break through the invisible force field to quickly lap up Tom for Mulder, as apparently he doesn't know how to eat them. Rocket should give him a demonstration on how to. Mulder doesn't like Rocket trying to eat his little buddy.

[Click image to enlarge]
Nope. Tom is my hat. Hornworms are friends! Not food!
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Hornworms are friends, Not food.

Postby MariosDad » Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Hilarious! I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is discovering little Mario's personality. I think a "hornworm hat" could be a fashion trend for sure... 8)
Mario's Dad- 3 kids, 1 old dog (in our hearts, RIP Kibo), 2 barn cats, 6 chickens, and a new beardie named Mario!
MariosDad
Hatchling Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:04 pm

It is fun discovering everyone's personalities because they definitely all have distinct personalities.

Like Mulder is my Sweet but grumpy old man who mostly likes to bask and head bob at the other darn dragons making all the noise. That and search for the existence of aliens and other paranormal phenomena. :lol:

Loki is my Bigheaded chick magnet who loves snuggling and showing off his awesomeness, He's only slightly super self centered.

Daisy is my chill and proper Queen of the crew who enjoys sitting on her royal hammock and judging the other dragons. She's my most laid back and chill dragon.

Rocket is my hyperactive and very food oriented dork who cannot sit still without trying to eat something near him. He's a goofball.

And Phoenix is my Tiny kingpin who is probably slowly planning all of our impending dooms, But in the meantime she's a hyperactive and grumpy adorable little thing.

And Yep, Mulder is definitely going to be a fashion Icon now with the latest Trendy Hornworm hats. :cool:
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby JumpinJellyfish » Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:48 am

Love it! You have quite a crew! :0)
Never knew I could get so happy about poop, or so comfortable with bugs. :-D
JumpinJellyfish
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:23 am

That is too cute! Love it! 🤗❤
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:23 pm

Thanks both of ya!
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:44 am

Ok. I gotta ask. Did it ever dawn on Mulder (love that!) that his 'hat' was lunch? Just curious. 😊
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:48 pm

DragonPete wrote:Ok. I gotta ask. Did it ever dawn on Mulder (love that!) that his 'hat' was lunch? Just curious. 😊
-Dee

Ya, me too. I've looked at this thread several times to check to see if Mulder's hat was a magic hat and, suddenly disappeared!!!
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DragonPete » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:49 am

I'm hearing the Jeopardy theme song. 😳
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:32 am

DragonPete wrote:I'm hearing the Jeopardy theme song. 😳
-Dee

Now that's funny 😂, I don't care who you are!!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:38 am

🙃
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DragonPete » Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:20 pm

I would have said crickets but just about everyone in the forum hears those! LOL! 😆
Hey Hippy! So wassup? Did he eat it or not? 😆
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:26 am

He didn't end up eating it so I gave it to Rocket, who practically inhaled it immediately.
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Gormagon » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:33 am

HippieLizards wrote:He didn't end up eating it so I gave it to Rocket, who practically inhaled it immediately.

So the new hat, met a horrific ending and Loki lost a close friend. This took a sad turn😟😟😟😟😥😥😥😥
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby DragonPete » Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:51 am

That's just too funny! But Rocket loved it!😜
Sorry Loki lost his new buddy though. 😞
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -