Live Feeders on Vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lincolnsmom

I am going on a brief vacation for 3-4 days and my bearded dragon will be in the care of someone else. My beardie usually eats live feeder crickets, dubia roaches, and/or super worms (along with her salad) every day. Is it okay for my beardie-sitter to feed her freeze-dried crickets for the few days I am away? Obviously this isn't ideal but it would be in addition to her normal salad. Thanks!

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
You could feed it something like Repashy's Beardie Buffet. Easy to make; pour some in boiling water and put it on a feed dish. Keep it in the fridge :)

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
lincolnsmom":2q12gk4b said:
I am going on a brief vacation for 3-4 days and my bearded dragon will be in the care of someone else. My beardie usually eats live feeder crickets, dubia roaches, and/or super worms (along with her salad) every day. Is it okay for my beardie-sitter to feed her freeze-dried crickets for the few days I am away? Obviously this isn't ideal but it would be in addition to her normal salad. Thanks!
How old is your dragon?

You can feed her freeze-dried; that doesn't mean she'll eat freeze-dried (unless you already know she will). If she's an adult, for a few days it'll be fine either way. If a baby/juvie, she should have some protein every day while she's growing. Any chance of leaving some feeders with instructions?

lincolnsmom

Original Poster
xAnaBooo":2mb82ax1 said:
You could feed it something like Repashy's Beardie Buffet. Easy to make; pour some in boiling water and put it on a feed dish. Keep it in the fridge :)

Good idea, thanks!!

lincolnsmom

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":lep9m3jh said:
lincolnsmom":lep9m3jh said:
How old is your dragon?

You can feed her freeze-dried; that doesn't mean she'll eat freeze-dried (unless you already know she will). If she's an adult, for a few days it'll be fine either way. If a baby/juvie, she should have some protein every day while she's growing. Any chance of leaving some feeders with instructions?

Unfortunately, my sitter is scared of live bugs (lol) but my dragon is about 2 years old and readily eats freeze dried when I run out for a day. I was a little worried about leaving her with just freeze dried for more than a day, but these replies have me feeling a lot more confident. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A 2 year old can (and should) easily go a few days without bugs. If you leave a fresh salad it should be plenty. If your sitter can replenish the salad and clean the enclosure, it's a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom