unexpected eggs??

Status
Not open for further replies.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
I gender checked my beardie when it was about 8 months old and thought it was a male. But I got home from school and she is laying eggs!! I thought she was just being weird because I thought it was a guy.. What can I do? She laid about 6 so far and I haven't made a lay box, the grocery store is 20 minutes away and I don't want to leave her alone. I feel so bad because I couldn't do anything to make her comfortable.

Please help. These eggs are infertile, I believe. Hasn't been around any other beardie since she was 2 or 3 months old.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She has been having infrequent poops and hasn't been eating as much, which when put in the context of laying eggs, makes sense.. but all these time it seemed like she was a boy. The breeder said it was, as well as when I sexed her. Perhaps i didn't do it right, or it was too early. She has been eating bsfl so she has a good amount of calcium ( i think. hasn't been eating salad). She laid 11 so far, took a break and is laying more, under her heat lamp on tile.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
She is just laying there so I don't know if she is done. When should I know it's okay to take out the eggs?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
What a shock for you , huh ? She should be fine though if you say she's continuing to lay. When most females lay them out in the open they still have the instinct to cover them and will often scratch around after, turn around and start nudging them + tamping them down with her head as if she's covering them. How many so far now, is she done ? Give her a good soak tomorrow for a drink or do that tonight if it's not TOO late and then leave her under the lights to dry off. Throw the eggs out in the garbage.

xAnaBooo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I threw away the eggs. Ended with 22 total. She is beating herself against the glass now. How can I help her?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
She'll be O.K. When they lay eggs they expend energy afterwards by covering them up so she's confused and wants to make sure she has taken care of her eggs. Just turn the lights out in a little while and she should go to sleep soon after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom