Good Set Up?

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Good Set Up?

Postby waterlilie32 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:04 pm

I was just wondering if this is fine! :D
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]
[Click image to enlarge]

In the salad right now is Mustard Greens, Zucchini, Spaghetti squash, Tiny bit of celery tops, Mint leaf, Artichoke heart.
.+* Yoshi *+.
waterlilie32
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby AHBD » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:33 pm

Yes that looks really nice ! What type of uvb do you have ?
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 23902
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby waterlilie32 » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:26 pm

AHBD wrote:Yes that looks really nice ! What type of uvb do you have ?


[Click image to enlarge]


This one and once it burns out probably will use Retisun
Also there is no screen covering the UVB, it is cut out
.+* Yoshi *+.
waterlilie32
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:43 pm

Ok that is good --- just remember to replace that bulb in 6 months - actually probably like a month before its due and NO cover on the fixture so bulb is exposed -- I have not seen a UVB burn out before so just get it replaced in 6 months or so --- that bulb is not as strong as the Reptisuns and it should fit right into that fixture
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict
 
Posts: 6293
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:24 am

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18042
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby AHBD » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:35 pm

Yeah that will be good with the screen cut out . :) Did the Zilla fixture come with a plastic cover over the uvb light ? They used to sell them like that for some reason. If so it has to be removed as Karrie mentioned .
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 23902
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby waterlilie32 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:27 am

KarrieRee wrote:Ok that is good --- just remember to replace that bulb in 6 months - actually probably like a month before its due and NO cover on the fixture so bulb is exposed -- I have not seen a UVB burn out before so just get it replaced in 6 months or so --- that bulb is not as strong as the Reptisuns and it should fit right into that fixture
Karrie


Okay thank you! I took off the cover, and cut out the screen so the bulb is right on the basking spot! :)
.+* Yoshi *+.
waterlilie32
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby AHBD » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:40 am

That's good. :) One thing you might add will help keep his claws filed down, find a nice medium -large [ about 10 -12" ] flat rock outside and put it on the right side where he he has no decor. Just wash the rock in hot soap/vinegar water, rinse well , let dry and you're good to go.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 23902
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: Good Set Up?

Postby waterlilie32 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:11 pm

AHBD wrote:That's good. :) One thing you might add will help keep his claws filed down, find a nice medium -large [ about 10 -12" ] flat rock outside and put it on the right side where he he has no decor. Just wash the rock in hot soap/vinegar water, rinse well , let dry and you're good to go.

Okay thank you!
.+* Yoshi *+.
waterlilie32
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:51 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to Enclosures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot]