Random Food aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Ok so Ranger has been rather food aggressive. This is unnatural behavior for him. He violently Attacks his Store bought spring mix salad in a bag and has developed a vicious appetite for super worms. He used to calmly eat till he was full then head to bask. Lately he has been eating like he has never eaten before. He doesn't stop. I used to be able to drop worms in and after about 5 or 6 he would stop. sometimes it would be 10-15 and then he would stop.... But now he just wont stop eating. Hes shedding and hes EXTREMELY active! Idk what the deal is. He gets soo excited about food that hes bitten me in his Attack on greens- WHILE I'm loading his bowl-. He keeps looking to the roof waiting for food to drop.

He just ate 30+ super worms PLUS his entire bowl of greens.... hes now sitting burping.....
Why is he SO HUNGRY?!?! I just refilled his greens bowl just to see what he would do (Curious experiment) and hes attacking that now as if he hasn't eaten yet. :dontknow: I feel like I should buy crickets... or maybe he would do good with a big fat horn worm instead of 10 million super worms.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

How old is he?

Did anything recently change with him or his setup?

-Brandon

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I wanna say he's 3 years. I covered his side walls with construction paper to keep him from climbing the walls.. I just recently changed the color but he's been doing this craziness for a few weeks, so I doubt that's it. ?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
And just to rule it out, you are 100% positive he is male?

I wouldnt limit his salads, let him est all he wants. But definitely limit the supers for him. That is more than I let my adults eat in a week. Since supers are pretty fatty, a good rule for them is 5 or 6 3-4x a week or so. I've done this with my adults for years with good success, along with an all you can eat salad of course :)

-Brandon

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yep he's male. He also hasn't been gaining extra weight. He eats then promptly poops it out the next day.

But you can't even reach your hands in to pick him up. He wants to bite your fingers. Which is ALSO a new development. He's normally cool as a cucumber. But I've just noticed the past week he's been extra hungry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom