trying to draw JIMMIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
I’m trying to draw Mr JIMMIA because I miss him so much :( :) so what do you think so far ? has anyone ever drew a bearded dragon before ? how would you do the beard ? please and what else should I add ? haha :)
98861-2565129842.jpg
98861-5549929677.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
JIMMIA":mv1ck5xt said:
has anyone ever drew a bearded dragon before ?
I have not (yet) but you might find some tips/inspiration here and here.

Danielle Dufault, who hosts & illustrates for YT channel Animalogic has also drawn one for her video, Bearded Dragon: The King of Chill

While searching for an image for a project, I came across this one, which I particularly liked, but as the artist is trying to sell it commercially, I won't post/use it w/o permission.
https://images.fineartamerica.com/images/artworkimages/mediumlarge/1/bearded-dragon-regan-dohm.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Looks good -- I am a terrible artist so I would never even try
Karrie

JIMMIA

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I am no artist, this my very first attempt of drawing a beardie :) What do you honestly think ? please :)
98861-149759390.jpg

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
JIMMIA":1gx3nr18 said:
I am no artist, this my very first attempt of drawing a beardie :) What do you honestly think ? please :)
98861-149759390.jpg
That's Really good for a first time! the scales are pretty good! The proportions are also good. :D

I Drew my dude Loki a few weeks ago. View media item 60752How I did the beard was that I just shaded the beard areas lightly with about a medium tone and then lifted up some highlights with a kneaded eraser and then with darker lines (gently putting more pressure with the pencil) I started adding the scales individually and building up the darkest areas. With practice and time you'll get better. :)

My tips would be to add some shading and highlights to the drawing to make it pop and look more realistic, you've got this!! :blob8:

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I saw a program not so long ago about how the great artists of the C17th did very accurate portraits.
Involved setting up a glass window with a mesh drawn on it. and projecting a pin-point (obscura) image against the smooth substrate .

Artists in the Renaissance era sometimes used a device called a camera obscura enclosure to gain perspective in their art work. In his writings, Leonardo Da Vinci gives clear descriptions of the projection of an image through a pinhole .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura

If you have camera , you can take a photo and then produce a transparency, project this against the paper you plan to produce the sketch or watercolour on , and this way you can get every detail down perfectly . This is how I'd do it I was were artistically inclined ( and the approach I used sometimes when I was in high school and taking compulsory ART class in year 7 & 8 ) , was a very good "drawer" in my day but turned my drawing skills to technical drawing and later structural and process design (by hand) in my formative years ( years 9 to 10 , then when I returned to uni to do my second double degree in ChemEng + Physics).

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
I always did better drawing from a photo than from life--2D to 2D rather than trying to draw 3D to 2D.
(Yes, even with one eye closed, which I often tried.) I later went technical too, up until CAD came in in the early '80s. Now my creative expression/outlets are different. ?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
MrSpectrum":3agsnily said:
I always did better drawing from a photo than from life--2D to 2D rather than trying to draw 3D to 2D.
(Yes, even with one eye closed, which I often tried.) I later went technical too, up until CAD came in in the early '80s. Now my creative expression/outlets are different. ?

Yep, trained up in using AUTOCAD , CHEMCAD , and CADWORx , but by that stage I was a senior engineer and it was my choice to stick with hand-drawing and to delegate the computer aided drawing to my juniors or to a draughtsman.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
kingofnobbys":2hymsbga said:
I saw a program not so long ago about how the great artists of the C17th did very accurate portraits.
Involved setting up a glass window with a mesh drawn on it. and projecting a pin-point (obscura) image against the smooth substrate .

Artists in the Renaissance era sometimes used a device called a camera obscura enclosure to gain perspective in their art work. In his writings, Leonardo Da Vinci gives clear descriptions of the projection of an image through a pinhole .https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camera_obscura

If you have camera , you can take a photo and then produce a transparency, project this against the paper you plan to produce the sketch or watercolour on , and this way you can get every detail down perfectly . This is how I'd do it I was were artistically inclined ( and the approach I used sometimes when I was in high school and taking compulsory ART class in year 7 & 8 ) , was a very good "drawer" in my day but turned my drawing skills to technical drawing and later structural and process design (by hand) in my formative years ( years 9 to 10 , then when I returned to uni to do my second double degree in ChemEng + Physics).
Wow. I Should try that sometime. I just look at a photo and draw with my pencil.
MrSpectrum":2hymsbga said:
Oh yes, I am the same way. it's so much easier to just look at a photo and draw, but I have been trying to just look at objects and draw them lately. Like with my Loki drawing I just sat down next to him and drew him. But I should've just used a photo.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Wow the finished drawing of Jimmia is really nice ! You actually are a good artist, the attention to detail is not something that people usually can do right away. Great job ! Now you have a new hobby I think . :) Maybe a new pic of Immaji in one of his rides. :)

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
JIMMIA":1rg0udtv said:
98861-149759390.jpg
I think you have an enormous amount of patience/dedication to draw all those tiny little scales! :0)

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
JumpinJellyfish":3e8asll2 said:
JIMMIA":3e8asll2 said:
98861-149759390.jpg
I think you have an enormous amount of patience/dedication to draw all those tiny little scales! :0)
Definitely, I've been drawing since childhood and to this day Drawing multiple individual little scales is pretty difficult and annoying to do after so long for me, it takes a lot of patience.

AHBD":3e8asll2 said:
Wow the finished drawing of Jimmia is really nice ! You actually are a good artist, the attention to detail is not something that people usually can do right away. Great job ! Now you have a new hobby I think . :) Maybe a new pic of Immaji in one of his rides. :)
Honestly I've gotta agree, That's really advanced and well done for a new artist, With practice I think he's going to be a great artist! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom