Reptile Safe Air Freshener

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardeddragonDino

Hatchling Member
I know that reptiles are very sensitive to scents and smells, but I was wondering if anyone knows of some reptile safe air fresheners that could be used in a room that houses reptiles?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
That would be very difficult to do. It's not so much the scent as it is the carrier. Most scented candles, oils and sprays have harsh chemicals in them to help maintain and spread the fragrance. Almost all of them would be detrimental to a reptile in some way or another.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
If you want scent use plants one I use is mint plant smells great and they can eat it. Anything with scented essential oils in it will kill them

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I too use air purifiers. If your purifier has a carbon filter in it, it will help eliminate odors too.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Activated charcoal and baking soda work basically the same way--they absorb odors rather than covering them up with more powerful stinkiness. :lol:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have two dragons, a turtle and an aquarium all in the same room. I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":1es01yu5 said:
I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.
So far, I've only had to spot clean w/ Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and (dragon) odors are likewise not an issue. Dog odors are something else... :roll:

I'm not sure the OP was talking about reptile odors or other kinds (pet, human, or other) ambient in the room or not... :dontknow:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":1qsmq4sd said:
Gormagon":1qsmq4sd said:
Now snakes and iguanas are the ones that smell up a room.
I'll take your word on that. :D Worse than cat litterboxes? :roll:
Ain't nothing worse than a litter box except for maybe a ferret cage (close to the same thing)!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":sgm0z1bm said:
Ain't nothing worse than a litter box except for maybe a ferret cage (close to the same thing)!!!
Hmmm... maybe my stinky demon lizard is stinkier than I thought! :shock: Poop for poop and ounce for ounce, he's worse than any healthy cat I've ever known... Whewee! ? ?

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":vwp7fa1i said:
Gormagon":vwp7fa1i said:
Hmmm... maybe my stinky demon lizard is stinkier than I thought! :shock: Poop for poop and ounce for ounce, he's worse than any healthy cat I've ever known... Whewee! ? ?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom