Reptile Safe Air Freshener

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Reptile Safe Air Freshener

Postby BeardeddragonDino » Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:19 pm

I know that reptiles are very sensitive to scents and smells, but I was wondering if anyone knows of some reptile safe air fresheners that could be used in a room that houses reptiles?
BeardeddragonDino
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Reptile Safe Air Freshener

Postby Gormagon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:18 pm

That would be very difficult to do. It's not so much the scent as it is the carrier. Most scented candles, oils and sprays have harsh chemicals in them to help maintain and spread the fragrance. Almost all of them would be detrimental to a reptile in some way or another.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby kingofnobbys » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Safest way is open a window and let some fresh air inside.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Gutzy (F) 27Sep19, Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Wickedpogana » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:30 am

If you want scent use plants one I use is mint plant smells great and they can eat it. Anything with scented essential oils in it will kill them
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Postby MrSpectrum » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:36 am

Baking soda. DW got one that hangs in the back of the car. It takes care of "wet dog smell". :laughing6:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby DragonPete » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:49 am

Maybe a small air purifier in the room?
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 am

I too use air purifiers. If your purifier has a carbon filter in it, it will help eliminate odors too.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby MrSpectrum » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:05 am

Activated charcoal and baking soda work basically the same way--they absorb odors rather than covering them up with more powerful stinkiness. :lol:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Gormagon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:42 am

I have two dragons, a turtle and an aquarium all in the same room. I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:00 am

Gormagon wrote:I find that if you spot clean every time a "gift" is left for you, and completely sanitize the floor once a week, odors are not an issue.
I spot clean and sanitize with F10SC. I have never had issues with odors.

So far, I've only had to spot clean w/ Nature's Miracle for Stinky Dragons, and (dragon) odors are likewise not an issue. Dog odors are something else... :roll:

I'm not sure the OP was talking about reptile odors or other kinds (pet, human, or other) ambient in the room or not... :dontknow:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Gormagon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:25 am

Now snakes and iguanas are the ones that smell up a room.
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:45 pm

Gormagon wrote:Now snakes and iguanas are the ones that smell up a room.

I'll take your word on that. :D Worse than cat litterboxes? :roll:
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Gormagon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:20 pm

MrSpectrum wrote:
Gormagon wrote:Now snakes and iguanas are the ones that smell up a room.

I'll take your word on that. :D Worse than cat litterboxes? :roll:

Ain't nothing worse than a litter box except for maybe a ferret cage (close to the same thing)!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:33 pm

Gormagon wrote:Ain't nothing worse than a litter box except for maybe a ferret cage (close to the same thing)!!!

Hmmm... maybe my stinky demon lizard is stinkier than I thought! :shock: Poop for poop and ounce for ounce, he's worse than any healthy cat I've ever known... Whewee! 💩 😣
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Gormagon » Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:49 pm

MrSpectrum wrote:
Gormagon wrote:Ain't nothing worse than a litter box except for maybe a ferret cage (close to the same thing)!!!

Hmmm... maybe my stinky demon lizard is stinkier than I thought! :shock: Poop for poop and ounce for ounce, he's worse than any healthy cat I've ever known... Whewee! 💩 😣

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to General Discussion