Come on down to Devlyn Town everyone, let's go!

Welcome to Devlyn Town everyone! We're a welcoming place.

Devlyn joined our household on February 9th, 2019 at 6 months old. I don't know her birthday, and she wouldn't tell me, so my best guess is August 1st, 2018.
103228-4767807354.jpg
Devlyn was bought from a pet shop that went out of business. Came from an unnamed wholesale vender. The original owner did a lot to take care of Devlyn. A baby dragon who had parasites and a respiratory infection from the pet store. There were some hiccups with coil UVB bulbs but that was corrected after a vet visit in October 2018 to UVB fluorescent tubing and proper heat control and a bigger enclosure. The original owner sold Devlyn to me because Devlyn is a very picky eater (aka non-eater)(and as of 2/09/2020 Devlyn still can be a picky eater, she needs a lot of care to eat well) and the lady's life was very busy with other pets, kids, and a failed marriage. Devlyn went from whatever shadey pet place she was born, to a cheap pet store, to a loving first owner who only gave her up so Devlyn could get more attention and care and the cost of her ongoing care. My husband and I have given her a good home now! This is Devlyn town, she is the mayor, we do her bidding.
103228-3580797855.jpg
See pic above for her enclosure she has had since late 2018. About 45" by 17" by 19.2". New bulbs added after the move FYI. Devlyn likes color so I am currently going insane by creating more furniture, buying decorations and making decorative elements for her. Stay tuned for more episodes of Devlyn town!
ENCLOSURE UPDATE 2/09/2020
103228-3978015883.jpg

Update 1/10/2021
Awoken from brumation#2. 119 days.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Spa treatment may have been more successful if the client would have stayed in the bath longer, lol

The paper towel with aloe vera may work well

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ha. Love the beardie spa.
I know what you mean about the tail. I felt like I had to mention it every time I posted a picture of Moro back in the day. Her tail gets pitch black when she's alert and exploring. Stark contrast to her creamy body.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Getting some cuddles with Devlyn tonight. She walked over to my hairbrush then started rubbing her face/head on it. Was that on purpose my smart girl? You see me rub that on my head and you need to shed. There was other stuff piled next to me, but you choose that one thing to rub your so close to ready shed head on. Good girl Devlyn, so smart

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That is actually really interesting. I wonder if shes seen you rub your head with it so she tried too? I'm going through that phase with my daughter, she tries to do everything she sees us do. It's amazing really.

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Other things were closer, she crawled over to the hairbrush. Could be coincidence of course.

Still hoping her skin crack so she can shed :D

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
If anyone would like to enjoy a Devlyn time lapse, made a small one here https://youtu.be/kgF110jR1Kc

Time lapse is 1 pic every 3 seconds. Ended just short of lights out. She fell asleep on her cork log. She knows to start getting ready for bed and finds a spot before lights out. You'll also see my hand giving a few bugs very quickly

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
DorgEndo":2kiz8tvg said:
If anyone would like to enjoy a Devlyn time lapse, made a small one here https://youtu.be/kgF110jR1Kc

Time lapse is 1 pic every 3 seconds. Ended just short of lights out. She fell asleep on her cork log. She knows to start getting ready for bed and finds a spot before lights out. You'll also see my hand giving a few bugs very quickly

Love reading all about Devlyn's adventures! Also, that time-lapse video was very, very cool! Thanks for sharing your journey, it's been really informative.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
MariosDad":2122tg9i said:
Love reading all about Devlyn's adventures! Also, that time-lapse video was very, very cool! Thanks for sharing your journey, it's been really informative.
Thank you so much. Talking about Devlyn is fun, and I waited years before getting a dragon again. So happy I did.

Devlyn is due for a house upgrade. Even though is it beyond anything I have built before, I want to do this for my girl. Her life is pretty much 99% of the box she lives in. Got to make her box enjoyable for her.
:blob5:

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
! ! ! ! !

I saw the most awful thing on YouTube and I'm going to do it!

Bobbing for bugs.

For the reluctant to drink any water bearded dragon put some bugs in a shallow dish with water. Dragon will uptake some water with the bug.

I haven't done it yet, but it's bugs. Bugs! How could this not work? Obviously you can't do this every day because then you can't dust the bugs. However, I have high hopes they will help Devlyn get water because she refuses to drink.

-April

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I tried bobbing for bugs once. Devlyn could not tongue them up. Will try later.

Got a nice dragon jump on camera! https://www.instagram.com/p/B9VUr_XjkSq/?igshid=rgmqtax7xicm

Also, look at poor Devlyn shed head. She has been working so hard to get this off her face and head. The top of her head shows off the color difference. Her right is still with shed and her left is fresh scales
103228-6385816429.jpg
103228-1669220995.jpg

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aww, Devlyn looks so upset about the shed head look! LOL

Bobbing for insects is an interesting idea. I feel like some of my dragons would be able to, and others wouldn't. Tombo I feel can stick things to his tongue just by willing himself to. Same with Kiki. Moro on the other hand couldn't get something to stick to her tongue if I placed it there myself!

-Brandon

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Devlyn!

Devlyn!

Devlyn!

Devlyn...
...Devlyn...
...please explain this to me Devlyn...

How come you look so chonky after eating a few bugs?!

We'll be hanging out, you look like healthy slim trim dragon...
103228-2899268624.jpg

Then... I gave you 7 normal adult and sub-adult crickets with 3 medium to large superworms and then you look HUGE!

103228-361821969.jpg
Have you no shame? Big chonky dragon let's that belly hang out after a modest meal. First bugs since Wednesday because you're an adult lady now.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Big clean up day! I cleaned out Devlyn's dirt. She didn't seem mad about it, I did give her some big dubia to distract from the lack of dirt.

I've been reading on different dirt/sand and am entertaining the idea of pool filter sand. It's a very fine sand and looks nice. An upgrade from the usual playsand.

103228-4190763477.jpg
103228-4409335284.jpg
103228-2292314456.jpg
103228-6029398409.jpg
103228-6728880354.jpg
103228-5790442573.jpg

-April

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom