Beardie is acting a little odd..

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Hi guys. So my 5 month old beardie, Maximus, has been acting a little strange today and I'm a little concerned

He's been sitting in the same.spot pretty much all day, which he sometimes does when about to go into shed,.so that could be just that

He did this weird thing that kind of looked a little like star gazing. Front claws on a branch, looking up (but not directly upwards), tail arched up. It didn't last for long and he only did that once

He hasn't touched his veggies today. He's usually a quite a voracious eater and will literally try eat anything XD . He still is eating insects though

He also did another odd behaviour. I have a picture of it below. On a particular rock, looking kinda upwards. He did it a few times, just this one time in the picture he almost fell backwards

His poop looks normal,. although a little smaller.than usual. Should I be worried?
105948-6905407603.jpg

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
More recent--and closer--pictures of him and his enclosure, please.
Has Kerrie or anyone gone over your lighting with you?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I agree that is a odd position - what are you using for your lighting? UVB brand and bulb please? And if he is doing this often I would say something is going on w/ the UVB - I am not sure - if you can go over the set up telling us what your using for lighting and basking temps etc how your taking them we can narrow it down- are you giving calcium on his bugs or veggies
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":2mclpice said:
I agree that is a odd position - what are you using for your lighting? UVB brand and bulb please? And if he is doing this often I would say something is going on w/ the UVB - I am not sure - if you can go over the set up telling us what your using for lighting and basking temps etc how your taking them we can narrow it down- are you giving calcium on his bugs or veggies
Karrie

I've never seen him do that before, this is a first. The pic of him doing that is just a few hours ago now.

Uvb is Acrcadia 12%, which is at the back of the vivarium. Heat lamp is an exo terra 75 watt. There's a few areas on his r0ck that are a little too hot, but he adjusts accordingly so I don't think that's the issue
Yes I'm giving him calcium and multivitamins.
105948-3318942832.jpg
105948-139705041.jpg
105948-7847757633.jpg

he just did a urate with a pool of water. Is this normal?
105948-3263734025.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That is normal if they have extra water to excrete it--- the Arcadia is 12-15 inches from basking decor? He looks good-- I would just keep an eye on him that pose may have been a one time thing- if he continues to do odd things like stargazing flipping over God forbid then I would get concerned- that pose could of been a fluke thing-
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":38nt607r said:
That is normal if they have extra water to excrete it--- the Arcadia is 12-15 inches from basking decor? He looks good-- I would just keep an eye on him that pose may have been a one time thing- if he continues to do odd things like stargazing flipping over God forbid then I would get concerned- that pose could of been a fluke thing-
Karrie

Ahh ok :). Thank you :). Yeah hopefully it's a one time thing, wouldn't want anything to be wrong with the little guy :/

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":3jwk4e5b said:
Karrie

Maximus hasn't done any standing on his hind legs or anything today, and has eaten veggies. But he's still acting odd. He's running around his vivarium like crazy, scratching to get out on the wood and the glass. Any idea why he might be acting like this?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Spring fever- my 8 month old does it too- my 2 year old drove me nuts for like 2 weeks doing that- he has since calmed down
Karrie

rhaegaldrogo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1h1w2gx8 said:
Spring fever- my 8 month old does it too- my 2 year old drove me nuts for like 2 weeks doing that- he has since calmed down
Karrie

What's that may i ask? I can't find much about it by Searching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom