Mazarine's Growth Log

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well its been an interesting couple days getting used to each other I think :lol: The early morning wakeups from her lights turning on weren't too bad, but the family crowding in to look at her at around 4:30am (when her lights went on) was a killer :roll:

She's a pretty placid girl honestly, though she loves exploring things around her. Recently she got a (supervised) exploration mission on the top of my bed.
full

full

Appetite seems decent - she always eats something at least in the morning and night - generally we'll get 7-15 bugs into her a day, though she always eats some greens from her bowl throughout the day as well. This morning, she managed to snarf down a full dozen of the little buggers :lol:

She's definately starting to shed all over, and seems to appreciate the back rubs and bath water running over the itchy bits.
full

Weighed her yesterday, and she's a petite lady, at around 9g currently. That lets her get up to a lot of mischief, either spider-lizarding up the background, or climbing onto the front door to peek out at me.
full

All in all, it's been a blessing though, love the little goober.

Edit: one last thing, something I'd like some advice on maybe. She's got a little scratch or something on her tail (about a third of the way from the end) - I've put some f10 ointment on - that all I should do there?. Also visible right at the very end is a little ring on the end of her tail - any thoughts on what it might be?(Perhaps a scar from a sibling nipping it? It's not bloody at all.) Sorry if the photo isn't the best, only have my phone as a camera.
full

Deeth

Original Poster
Well, Mazzie's now over 4 months old, and growing like a weed. Next time we buy rouches, I'm considering getting the mediums, since she's powering through the smalls. She's just shy of 30cm now, and 70g, so she's getting pretty big now.

Just come through her head and second back shed. Happily that skin on her back lifted during the shed, and she now has proper scales there. :D

full

full

full

full

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sure is getting big! That spot on her back seems like it's about gone now right?

-Brandon

Deeth

Original Poster
Yeah, just a couple little bits of raised skin where it met the rest of her back now, the rest has all come off to reveal nice scales underneath

Deeth

Original Poster
It's now nearing the middle of Autumn, and she's graduated to eating the larger size bugs, though its more due to my supplier not having medium sized ones atm. Perhaps its a combination of the colder weather, and the larger bugs, but she's started to eat less bugs, often only eating 6 in a sitting, though these are usually medium to large sized, and tending to ignore bugs. She isn't losing weight at this point, being 203g currently, and isn't looking unhealthy, so I'm hoping its simply her appetite changing as she's now approaching 6 months old. I try to give her calcium or multivitamins during each other day at least, so she's getting that important stuff going in.

Her heat bulb's been upgraded back up to the more powerful one, and she's definately getting that ~40 basking zone heat, plus has plenty of spots to move if it gets too hot.

Deeth

Original Poster
At this point, I'm thinking she's wanting to brumate, though I've increased the temperatures in her tank as the outside air is getting cooler. She's turning her nose up at most food I've attempted to feed her now, though appears to not be losing weight. A ceramic light has been added to the system, getting it back up to that 35-40 degree sweet spot, though so far no changes in appetite have been observed. She occasionally does snack on some greenery when I pull her out the tank, though this is usually after lowering her lip and sliding the piece of greenery up to under her nose. I've also started giving her baths every other day to try and be sure she's hydrating now she's turning nose up at the salads.

An order of superworms has been put in just in case its simply her being a little spoilt princess, and her next uv light is on the way, since its come up to the 6 month changeover.

Edit: after the honking big deposit she made just a little while ago, perhaps she was just backed up a bit :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom