Absolutely Zero Appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need to get a reflector the size of the fixture so if you have a 18" fixture order 18" reflector-- not the bulb strength- the Zen habitats are $329 free shipping---- do not hang the Che in the tank - you can put the T 5 on top but basking decor needs to be 6-8 inches from decor for fine screen mesh-- wide hole 8-10 from decor- here's a pic of my Zen
97951-7863920475.jpg
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":30u810xz said:
You need to get a reflector the size of the fixture so if you have a 18" fixture order 18" reflector-- not the bulb strength- the Zen habitats are $329 free shipping---- do not hang the Che in the tank - you can put the T 5 on top but basking decor needs to be 6-8 inches from decor for fine screen mesh-- wide hole 8-10 from decor- here's a pic of my Zen
97951-7863920475.jpg
Karrie

Does her basking spot need to be directly covered by the UVB? Even if I put the UVB on top of the cage, I still can’t have it directly over the basking spot because the CHE isn’t in the tank.

I only asked about the T5 reflector because the website has T8 and T5 reflectors and I didn’t know if there was a difference.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok so get the bulb strength as well so if you have the T 8 get that if you have the T 5 along w/ fixture size- sorry didn't realize it was specifying- as long as she can sit underneath that UVB at the proper distance that I told you she will be good- she will go to whatever light she needs -
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2529ae51 said:
Ok so get the bulb strength as well so if you have the T 8 get that if you have the T 5 along w/ fixture size- sorry didn't realize it was specifying- as long as she can sit underneath that UVB at the proper distance that I told you she will be good- she will go to whatever light she needs -
Karrie

Ok thank you

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I am thinking once that reflector is in that UVB and at the proper distance for her shes going to start eating again --- and also the new bulb --- her behavior should change -- please keep me posted
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":fxttszyh said:
I am thinking once that reflector is in that UVB and at the proper distance for her shes going to start eating again --- and also the new bulb --- her behavior should change -- please keep me posted
Karrie

I will, thanks!

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1m460ogp said:
Karrie

So I ended up getting her the Reptisun T5 fixture (has a reflector) and a T5 bulb. She’s had those in her tank for almost two weeks now, and I’ve been on vacation for 10 of those days, but her babysitter said she still refuses to eat. I got home today, and she seems a lot more livelier, however, she wanted nothing to do with the veggies I offered her. She didn’t even react to some strawberry. Also, when I’m holding her and she decides to walk around I can feel her trembling. I know this is because of the MBD, but is it supposed to be going away? You can only feel her shake, not see it. Is there anything else that I could do?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Can she chew her food? Sometimes if the mbd is do bad they can't eat-- is she getting around better has that improved w/ the new UVB- what is she eating? Anything at all bugs?
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2ztqr15u said:
Can she chew her food? Sometimes if the mbd is do bad they can't eat-- is she getting around better has that improved w/ the new UVB- what is she eating? Anything at all bugs?
Karrie

Yeah, she can chew. I’m giving her carnivore care and critical care by oxbow. She was moving around a bit today, but, again, I’ve been gone for awhile and my friend just stopped by every night to feed her so who knows how active she really is right now.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok well are there any type of worms she really likes? I would use those as a lure to the salad bowl - let her see you put those on her salad and see if that entices her to the food bowl--
Karrie

Beardiealice

Original Poster
KarrieRee":14uxcp97 said:
Ok well are there any type of worms she really likes? I would use those as a lure to the salad bowl - let her see you put those on her salad and see if that entices her to the food bowl--
Karrie

She really likes hornworms but the past few times I’ve gotten them for her I’ve had to throw them out. That would be fine if they’re were like calci worms, but hornworms are so expensive and the only place I can get them for a reasonable price near me is over a half a hour away. I think I’m going to see what the rescue says about her. I just don’t have the money to be buying her fresh food and bugs to just throw it all out.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can order calci worms and hornworms from here
www.dubiaroaches.com
Order the small amount like 12 - go check out the website and go from there - they will have your worms to you in about 3-4 days
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You can have them hold at the post office they will do that and it can be noted on the order to have them hold at post office
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom