Story Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Also I have tried to see if Smaug would eat ants in a video, she has not yet. I suppose I should be glad about that because it means I have been feeding her well. I got a shipment of BSFL and she loves those.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":28s27ntj said:
But this generation of bearded dragons. Bah humbug these young whippersnappers need to go outside more and read more books. Otherwise next generation will be even worse. Back in my day they did not have these fancy high tech habitats, they had old school aquariums (I am not actually really old, just some more funny writing for you all.)
I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Gormagon":d8et6pay said:
BeardedDragonSteve":d8et6pay said:
But this generation of bearded dragons. Bah humbug these young whippersnappers need to go outside more and read more books. Otherwise next generation will be even worse. Back in my day they did not have these fancy high tech habitats, they had old school aquariums (I am not actually really old, just some more funny writing for you all.)
I'm not ready for a walker yet but I remember having to get up to change the channel on a black and white TV (one of 3 channels), LOL!!!
I remember getting our first 19 inch COLOR! Still only had 3 channels. Lol! But we were livin' large!
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
BeardedDragonSteve":p6vy3sm8 said:
Thank you....It made me chuckle!!!!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Gormagon":3u1i92j2 said:
+1 ?

Does my cane count? I remember 2 channels; ABC (I learned later) was in some cities/markets, but didn't catch up to us until the '60s. Then PBS, then the first independent in our market that later became FOX. Admittedly, we avoided cable for 20 years. :roll:

It took us until the '80s to convince Mom that color TV wasn't radioactive and going to make her grow another head. (Yeah, I know the history of the early models, but that was 30 years earlier.) :lol:

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
BeardedDragonSteve":1457adbd said:
Was one of the 3 channels TELEMUNDO.
No, TELEMUNDO didn't come out until '84. I thought that was around when cable started, because that's when cable came to our area (silly me... :oops: ) Cable's history goes back to '48--even before my time, and is more interesting than I thought.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
MrSpectrum":v7spkmkk said:
Gormagon":v7spkmkk said:
+1 ?

Does my cane count? I remember 2 channels; ABC (I learned later) was in some cities/markets, but didn't catch up to us until the '60s. Then PBS, then the first independent in our market that later became FOX. Admittedly, we avoided cable for 20 years. :roll:

It took us until the '80s to convince Mom that color TV wasn't radioactive and going to make her grow another head. (Yeah, I know the history of the early models, but that was 30 years earlier.) :lol:
All we had was NBC, CBS, and ABC when I was a kid, all black and, white. Man, color TV was out YEARS before we got it, LOL (didn't get it till I was 6) in 64 :shock: :shock: :shock: . Like Jeff Foxworthy said, "If the president was on your night was screwed", LOL!!!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
BeardedDragonSteve":1ssgvsxh said:
Read it to them weather they like it or not.
Lol! ?
Petey's snoozing under his new uvb tube, hate to disturb him. ?
Dunno about other people dragons but Petey definitely knows when I'm talking to him. I think it may be the pitch and tone when I say 'Petey Boy'. ?
-Dee

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
DragonPete":18lqf89t said:
BeardedDragonSteve":18lqf89t said:
Read it to them weather they like it or not.
Lol! ?
Petey's snoozing under his new uvb tube, hate to disturb him. ?
Dunno about other people dragons but Petey definitely knows when I'm talking to him. I think it may be the pitch and tone when I say 'Petey Boy'. ?
-Dee
Smaug just looks at me when I am close by.

MariosDad

Hatchling Member
:book:
BeardedDragonSteve":36hsl67m said:
Hey, if you see this post............. read a book to your dragon.
That's been my daughter with Mario pretty much every night since she's had him! :book:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom