Tampico, the small but mighty beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! I just felt like uploading some pics of my little Tampico, or "Tampi" as I like to call her. I never did a formal introduction on this site, but have posted and given advice to some newbies, so I thought I'd post some photos of Tampi in her year and 8 month phase. Haha She is currently getting to go through brumation. Boooo!!! Buuuut what can I do. She's a happy healthy little thing, and that's all that matters.

So here are some pictures of Miss Tampico....
Enjoying a car ride
101206-815325794.jpg

Showing off her sexy leg skills
101206-518064560.jpg

Hiding in her new favorite cave
101206-6415366009.jpg

Enjoying some outside interaction on her leash
101206-5337923174.jpg

Just chillin on her branch in all her small, but mighty, glory
101206-8585524140.jpg

And finally...enjoying the window while she watches momma cook
101206-1240296662.jpg

Thanks for stopping by!!! :D

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Aww she looks so cute and sweet in that lying down pic. It's almost like she's self soothing! :love5:
I feel for you Tampi! :mrgreen:

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Well now that she and her apartment are all cleaned up, I thought it would be nice to let her roam around outside and soak up some real sun. Here she is in her outside cage enjoying herself.
101206-1527077053.jpg

She's very happy to finally be out. Haha

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I love that pose shes doing where they are perked all up but there little front feet are kinda close together.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
She's a cute little thing for sure! But man, is she a pooping machine! I don't even understand how so much can come out of something so small! Like, where the hell are you storing up all the stuff???? Lol She's been a crazy hyper thing as of late. Trying to escape her little apartment and run free around the house. But she cannot, because the dogs will think she's a fun little toy to carry around :eek:

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
vrenee1018":3deskgqa said:
She's a cute little thing for sure! But man, is she a pooping machine! I don't even understand how so much can come out of something so small! Like, where the hell are you storing up all the stuff???? Lol She's been a crazy hyper thing as of late. Trying to escape her little apartment and run free around the house. But she cannot, because the dogs will think she's a fun little toy to carry around :eek:

:blob5: :blob8: :blob5: :blob8:

Vanessa

Spring fever maybe? She is so pretty. ?
-Dee

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
So it's been a while since I've posted on here. Guess just been getting distracted with everything going on in the world and the uncertainty of what lies ahead. Was stressed out for a bit wondering what was going to happen with my job and my bfs restaurant/bar, but we are both still up and running, which I'm very thankful for. I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe, taking care of themselves and their family. Thought today was a good day to post some new pics of my Tampico. She's still a fiesty active pooping machine. Haha

Helping me working from home. Send that memo, Tamp!
101206-5655196155.jpg

Chilling partially in her cave and enjoying some sun.
101206-1595140891.jpg

Annnd, eating her greens AND summer squash! Proud mama!
101206-6475058552.jpg

Thanks for stopping by. Take care everyone!

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Good to see she's eating some squash. I think having variety helps them get better nutrition. Petey chows into yellow squash and zucchini. ❤
You can try shredding a little hard winter squash like butternut or acorn, etc. I shred them cause they are so hard. Same with carrot and sweet potato. But mine rarely gets carrot because I feed his Supers carrot all the time.
I stick mostly to summer squashes unless I'm in the mood for a baked squash, then I'll cut a couple days worth for him before I cook the rest for me. If I get it just for him, 90% goes in the trash and I can't afford that. A summer squash will last at least a week if you only cut it as you need it. IME if you precut it, it gets slimy in about 4 days. I'm on limited income so I have to stretch a buck til it screams! Lol! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Vanessa's memos:

• "Please excuse any typos, they were caused by my dragon!"

Glad you are able to stay busy and work from home. I could be working, but I decided against it based off of what I thought was best for my family. If my daughter didn't get seizures from fevers, and we didn't just have a respiratory illness in january, I'd probably still be working too.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Hello All:

It's been a while since I've been on. COVID has definitely made it stressful for the bf and I. With him owning a restaurant/bar here in Sac and with me having COVID and trying to deal with work at the same time. It's just been a crazy whirling. To top it off, my little orange beauty decided that she just wanted to be lazy and hunker down in her but for a month or so. Not full on brumation, but decided to show herself down and be a lazy beardie! Well today I had enough! Decided to take her out, make her a big ol salad with her favorite as a topping, hornworms! She enjoyed the kitchen counter and my shoulder for a bit before I sat her down on the window sill to let her enjoy some sun and fresh air. Now she's running around her tank, bright belly and beard, like a mad woman. I'm sure she'll hunker back down in her hut tonight or tomorrow, but for now I'm enjoying her silliness.

Some pics of her below.
Peak-a-boo
101206-3212495521.jpg

Waiting for mom to do something
101206-1599170734.jpg

Ahhh... Just what I needed. Breakfast on the terrace.
101206-816823133.jpg

Hope all of you are doing well! Anyone affected by the fires in California, heart and prayers go out to you.

Vanessa

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Vanessa! Glad to see you back and ok!
Are you recovered from covid or still fighting it?
That sucks about the bar, this whole situation has surely caused a lot of stress for many.

Glad to see tampi acting happy even if it is just for a day ha.

We are affected indirectly by the fires. The wind brought all the smoke here it's been bad. Add a heat wave on top of that, plus rolling blackouts and now you can't even open your windows to cool down the house. But like always, it can always be worse, and it usually is for others so just gotta count the blessings.

-Brandon

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Claudiusx":qil7ljli said:
Hi Vanessa! Glad to see you back and ok!
Are you recovered from covid or still fighting it?
That sucks about the bar, this whole situation has surely caused a lot of stress for many.

Glad to see tampi acting happy even if it is just for a day ha.

We are affected indirectly by the fires. The wind brought all the smoke here it's been bad. Add a heat wave on top of that, plus rolling blackouts and now you can't even open your windows to cool down the house. But like always, it can always be worse, and it usually is for others so just gotta count the blessings.

-Brandon

Hi, Brandon! I am doing well and fully recovered. Luckily I had a milder form of COVID, but it definitely kept me down. Bf's restaurant/bar is surviving, luckily they can seat people outside.

We have soooo much smoke here now. I was writing about Tamp and posting the update which took a few minutes, and I look up, and it was like a fog hit the town. It was eerie and crazy to say the least. We are fortunate to not have PG&E as our electric company, so no blackouts for us, but I feel for all those affected by it. Honestly, I've been taking advantage of this heat wave to be able to water the lawn more ? Gotta find something positive out of it.

I hope you a your family are staying safe and your little girl is doing well!

Vanessa

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Whelp, she's back hiding again and trying to hunker down. She just loves her hut... Always bright orange, white and orange beard. I just want her to be up a little while longer. So I night some tasty wormies for her. Let's hope they work! Going to be a nice week, then a hot weekend it seems, so maybe some outside time will make her feel better too. Who knows though. She seems to be happier in the tank because of the puppers. Sigh... My little Tampico.

Vanessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom