Floor temperature question

Discuss substrates, lighting, heating, enclosure building ideas, share enclosure photos, and talk about any other enclosure-related topics.

Floor temperature question

Postby Dkrugg9 » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Hi there, and thanks for adding me to the Beardie community! Im about a week away from getting my beardie and I’ve got a question and hopes to get some answers! I’ve used a probe to find my temps as I’ve found with research. Basking area is currently 110, ambient is 88 and cool side right around 79-80. The ambient and cool side temps is about mid tank level, basking is upper tank level. My question is, what should the floor temp of the terrarium be? It’s a bit cooler than mid tank temps, like 60s! My tank size is 36L x 18w x 17h. Thanks in advance!

Dustin
Dkrugg9
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Floor temperature question

Postby MrSpectrum » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Don't sweat the floor temp unless your tank happens to be sitting on a block of ice. :lol:
The warm air will heat it up enough. The only surface temp you need to monitor is the basking surface, and it sounds like you're doing that.

Many of us use an inexpensive temp gun; they're fast & accurate, and you can use them to measure bath water temps & more.
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Re: Floor temperature question

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Moved by Moderator from General to Enclosures
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -