Worm castings

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

Worm castings

Postby Wickedpogana » Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:08 pm

Is worm castings good to put in your bioactive substrate? Im not sure if it will boost my microfuauna or create bad bacteria i know their has to be someone with info on worm castings im checking before i may possibly add something harmful to my bioactive colony or worse my dragon
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Worm castings

Postby MrSpectrum » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:23 pm

You shouldn't really need them in the size area you've been talking about. Between your dragon and cleanup crew, there should be plenty of organic fertilizer.
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Re: Worm castings

Postby Wickedpogana » Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:30 pm

MrSpectrum wrote:You shouldn't really need them in the size area you've been talking about. Between your dragon and cleanup crew, there should be plenty of organic fertilizer.

Ah okay i just got a free little bag of worm castings with my leaf litter and was wondering the pros and cons as im not a gardner and my dragon mostly poos on the tile side and i end up cleaning it up haha and does it boost good mircofauna or bad if you know i dont
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster

Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to General Discussion