Emergency Surgery Funding

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
https://www.gofundme.com/f/ryuks-emergency-surgery?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Please donate if you can, or share if you can’t. I’m trying to find someone to get her the care she needs if I can’t find the funding but I I’m struggling to find any breeders, enthusiasts, or rescues in my area that will take her. Please help, I’d love to keep her if I can, at the least please read my story and share.

I wasn’t sure what forum to post this to so I apologize, feel free to move it if you think it’s better fit somewhere else.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I hope you are able to raise enough for the surgery. The vet may be able to work out a payment plan with you to make it easier to pay down the debt.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":1t9ua4u8 said:
I hope you are able to raise enough for the surgery. The vet may be able to work out a payment plan with you to make it easier to pay down the debt.

Its not an option, my family is struggling to make our bills rn because of my medical condition...there’s no way they could take on another payment..

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":3jf6l7cn said:
Crystal I linked a thread where a vet thought a beardie had the same thing [ even did an Xray ] but it turned out not to be it. Don't give up hope ! And don't give your baby away !

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249332
I appreciate the help and encouragement. Hopefully I can get enough money to take her to another vet to get a second opinion. They will charge me 150 for scans and only about 600 for the surgery. Better rated than the other place but much much farther away. Im trying to get enough to take her there. Other place was going to charge me 500-600 just for scans and 1,300 for surgery.

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":ybi16wku said:
Crystal I linked a thread where a vet thought a beardie had the same thing [ even did an Xray ] but it turned out not to be it. Don't give up hope ! And don't give your baby away !

Also my name is Kiara. The GoFundMe is under my mothers name crystal because she has to withdraw the money being that I’m under 18. :)

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1pjl4kvs said:
How is she acting ? Is she eating ? I hope you're doing O.K with all this stress.
She is eating. Thank goodness reptiles tend to deteriorate slowly. I myself am absolutely devastated as she serves such an important role in my life that the mere thought of losing her has had me hysterical these past few days. I’m just praying. Im praying and trying to do as much as I can. I’ve posted the GoFundMe link to about 50 Facebook groups to no avail. I just don’t know what I’m going to do at this point. My mother can’t afford it unless we have all the funding just because it happens that right now we are in a very tight spot financially as my health has been falling too recently. I appreciate all of your advice and time you’ve given me over the past year and a half with Ryuk. I wish there was something I could’ve done to prevent it.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
AHBD":1du3koj8 said:

Amazing thank you so much for doing this AHBD.

Kiara I too am hoping for the best for you and your dragon. I still stand by my statement of getting imaging done first but I understand the financial troubles. Great that you found another vet. A second opinion is always a good idea.
Keep praying. Things will work out for you and Ryuk :)

-Brandon

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":32hjp2mu said:
AHBD":32hjp2mu said:

Amazing thank you so much for doing this AHBD.

Kiara I too am hoping for the best for you and your dragon. I still stand by my statement of getting imaging done first but I understand the financial troubles. Great that you found another vet. A second opinion is always a good idea.
Keep praying. Things will work out for you and Ryuk :)

-Brandon
I found a new vet with imaging that is much cheaper. If we are able to get enough funding I’m most certainly getting imaging done. Thank you all. ❤️

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
RyuksMama":1xtyv51y said:
AHBD":1xtyv51y said:
How is she acting ? Is she eating ? I hope you're doing O.K with all this stress.
She is eating. Thank goodness reptiles tend to deteriorate slowly. I myself am absolutely devastated as she serves such an important role in my life that the mere thought of losing her has had me hysterical these past few days. I’m just praying. Im praying and trying to do as much as I can. I’ve posted the GoFundMe link to about 50 Facebook groups to no avail. I just don’t know what I’m going to do at this point. My mother can’t afford it unless we have all the funding just because it happens that right now we are in a very tight spot financially as my health has been falling too recently. I appreciate all of your advice and time you’ve given me over the past year and a half with Ryuk. I wish there was something I could’ve done to prevent it.
I was told by the new vet to give her a lay box until I can get enough money for the appointment. Maybe if she is just gravid, and doesn’t have follicular stasis she will lay them in time. I thought she was still young to be doing this sort of thing honestly. Pray for me and pray that she is possibly just going to pass them easily.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Are they sure that she has egg binding issues?
Have you gotten a blood test on her? Just curious, as that would show elevated levels if
there was infection present.
How is she doing this evening?
Have they given the hormone, oxytocin, to see if that helped out, if her eggs have dropped?

I hope that she is going to be alright. Keep us posted on how she is.

Tracie

RyuksMama

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
(260) 637-7676 This is the number to the vets office if you would like to donate directly to the office. You’ll have to give them my last name (Bennett) and my baby’s name (Ryuk) and ask to put money towards the surgery. Anything helps, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom