Hello and thank you from Rajah and I

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Hi Brandon thanks for asking about Rajah I was coming to ask a question anyways. Well first he/she is really large as usual. Over 20" now. He finally seems to be coming out of brumating but it's like he went from sleeping under his rock all day to acting like a maniac. Just running around destroying the tank hyper active acting like he has to poo but all the time. He's been having small poos lately but has not been eating as much but still very abnormally small and pink urates???? Nothing about diet has changed except he only ate every few days during brumation. Yesterday had several tiny poos and pink urates. Temps all normal...still looking good...ate two Max size hornworms for the first time yesterday because I thought they might bulk up the stool a little and make it easier to pass if that's an issue I've been bathing him several times a week but it's a huge fight and he hates it. Is this somehow normal waking up behavior or something else?

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Literally tore down hammock and glass dancing furiously and he/she has never done any of this. I mean even when not brumating Rajah is like a potato...usually.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Tinasdragon":1cyuh8y0 said:
105973-6453268523.jpg
Photo from a couple days ago...
Despite not eating as much during brumation still kind of chonky I know :(.
Wow. You are either a tiny thing yourself or that's a lot of Dragon! Or both! Lol! ? Beautiful color!!!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
DragonPete":1ptso7mz said:
Tinasdragon":1ptso7mz said:
105973-6453268523.jpg
Wow. You are either a tiny thing yourself or that's a lot of Dragon! Or both! Lol! ? Beautiful color!!!
-Dee
I hope I didn't offend. After the shock of that gorgeous boy, I had to go back and read your thread. He IS absolutely beautiful! Yeah, a little on the chunky side but he is a big boy! The width of his head and length of his tail, he's a big boy or girl. I'd bet on boy though. Have you found out for sure yet? I'm just amazed by his coloring and patterns. ?
-Dee

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
DragonPete":chazmcvn said:
DragonPete":chazmcvn said:
Tinasdragon":chazmcvn said:
105973-6453268523.jpg
-Dee
I hope I didn't offend. After the shock of that gorgeous boy, I had to go back and read your thread. He IS absolutely beautiful! Yeah, a little on the chunky side but he is a big boy! The width of his head and length of his tail, he's a big boy or girl. I'd bet on boy though. Have you found out for sure yet? I'm just amazed by his coloring and patterns. ?
-Dee

No you did not offend! Rajah is really big...I wanted a definitive answer because I'm like maybe it's going to lay eggs. Rajah is usually squirmy if I lift his tail but I caught him in a good moment this evening after he ate literally the mother of all giant hornworms. There appears to be the long male parts growing now. I'm wondering if maybe he's getting hormonal and that's why he's been so active the past few days after waking up? I'm about 90% sure he's male but I'll try and get a more current photo of his undertail. He seems fine... his pellets are pink which he picks at occasionally...I think that's why his urates are pink. He has a lot of food in there though I'm hoping for a good bowel movement soon! He's happily basking after his giant hornworm this evening. He does have a really big head I feel like...he eats the largest dubias sometimes swallows them whole...like they're nothing. Won't touch crickets anymore.. doesn't care. Lol. Still gets his Phoenix worms but he'll eat all 400 in like two days so...mostly he eats silkworm pupae and superworms and the big adult dubias. And now hornworms he's loving those...Thank you I was pretty surprised when he turned orange...then he turned radioactive neon orange lol.

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Thank you for the response Dee! Hopefully he's just hormonal... That's good to know I'm like is this thing going to pop out some infertile eggs?? ? after reading the forums...which are my go to for all things Rajah. I don't think he really appreciated the gender confusion lol. He's always sort of seemed to be male but he's also always been incredibly beanie baby like...he will squirm and scratch when it comes to baths though.
Here's some photos from his antics this evening.
105973-3022006951.jpg
105973-5743700103.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Love that 1st pic!
"Do you have to keep doing that?!?" Lol!
Petey gives me that look when I'm trying to get a decent pic and he keeps moving at the last second. ?
Puleeeze!!
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Oh! I didn't say (s)he wasn't gonna pop out a clutch. Male or female can still be hormones. Especially as a teenage equivalent. Not having a female, I haven't a clue about what they do. Yeah I'd freak if my Dragon I thought was male, laid eggs!? Can't imagine!
-Dee

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah had calmed down some...but has been running around like a little crazy fiend all afternoon including wildly climbing and had a semi loose and smallish bowel movement...also while he was hanging there from glass a little bit of urate cane out...I gave him a bath today.

105973-4673590907.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
Rajah is a boy lol. Also, whatever horomonal craziness seems to be calming down finally and his appetite has returned to normal as he ate 4 large adult dubias today and 25 Phoenix worms. He even ate a little salad on accident because I hide the bsfl in the greens. Last time I measured him he was 21"
He is so spoiled it's crazy...just wants to be held and carried everywhere at all times.

105973-7819451000.jpg

Tinasdragon

Original Poster
105973-8832871243.jpg

Rajah is back to normal thank God the horomones have calmed down. He's back to his happy little semi overweight self wanting food all the time and normal stools. No more hyperactive behavior or glass surfing. Serious appetite...eats ten superworms and wants more (the freaky big ones) but I'm forcing him to eat greens now and have some success finally with collards. Still eats a big bowl of bsfl most days. Totally calm again so strange their behavior...went from brumating to psycho Rajah back to normal.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom