Lazy or problem???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mflav

Original Poster
OK so I changed a couple of things around in his cage and I changed his UVb bulb I have had it for six months. Maybe that’s the problem. Because I have a T5 10.0 it does say it’s good for a year but I’ll still go by the six-month rule. Hopefully this will pep him up he’s not eating his salad past few days either not that he was really big about eating it anyway he is still eating crickets but not as eager for them as usual he’s pooping completely normal and daily so there’s no issue with impaction

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Mflav":2lurv82e said:
OK so I changed a couple of things around in his cage and I changed his UVb bulb I have had it for six months. Maybe that’s the problem. Because I have a T5 10.0 it does say it’s good for a year but I’ll still go by the six-month rule.
That's one reason I bought a UVB meter. They're expensive, but will pay for themselves in time by not having to buy/change UVB bulbs prematurely. (The 6.5 and 6.5R are exactly the same except for the picture of the reptile.) Another reason is so I don't have to guess at distances. :wink:

Hopefully this will pep him up he’s not eating his salad past few days either not that he was really big about eating it anyway
You can try adding some fresh cilantro (coriander) to his salad. I have a salad hater, but he seems to like cilantro. No guarantees, but it can't hurt to try, and the stuff is pretty inexpensive.
search.php?keywords=cilantro&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Mflav":2991beqi said:
OK so I changed a couple of things around in his cage and I changed his UVb bulb I have had it for six months. Maybe that’s the problem. Because I have a T5 10.0 it does say it’s good for a year but I’ll still go by the six-month rule. Hopefully this will pep him up he’s not eating his salad past few days either not that he was really big about eating it anyway he is still eating crickets but not as eager for them as usual he’s pooping completely normal and daily so there’s no issue with impaction
Was just wondering, you said he's about 9 months. Is he close to adult size and weight? I saw on another post that, although young, some dragons close to adult size will slow down for a sorta semi brumation. Something to consider. Follow his lead and see how he does. He might nap for a day or 2. My Petey, fully adult, semi brumates. He's gone down for as much as 8 days but not like those that sleep for weeks or months.
Just thought I'd throw that idea out there since you're trying to find a reason he's not as active or eating as much lately. ?
-Dee

Mflav

Original Poster
He doesn’t seem sleepy. Don’t think that’s it. I’m almost positive I figured it out. I changed his UVB bulb and saw a change in him right away. I use aT5 10.0 which says change yearly but I feel that’s too long. Bulb was about 7mon old(I used different type for 2 months when I got him).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would change his diet up -- get some dubia roaches and start adding some worms to his salad - like a few super worms - maybe some butter worms -- horn worms are good for hydration -- and they grow fast beware- also silk worms --- you will need a glass bowl the worms cant get out of --- if you need websites I have some if you like
Karrie

Mflav

Original Poster
106350-8012459180.jpg
He loves all live things!!! he has 1 hornworm a week, and on occasion wax worms, and supers. If I put them in salad he’s smart he picks them out. He has had Dubias 2x but they don’t sell in my state(He loves them too). He has salad and butternut squash every am and 12-15 large crickets in the afternoon. He’s already a big boy 17” long and 365grams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom