dubia roaches for cleanup crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
would dubia roaches work in a bioactive setup for clean up crew
edit: will i need another crew to clean up after the dubia aswell? could i use superworms for that purpose if so

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think another member on here that has sa bioactive setup sometimes puts dubias in, but just as feeders. Sometimes they escape their fate for a few days, but they always get eaten real quick. So I don't think dubias would work well as a cleaner crew for you. They aren't as good at hiding in the substrate as other options.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":1ct3bftd said:
I think another member on here that has sa bioactive setup sometimes puts dubias in, but just as feeders. Sometimes they escape their fate for a few days, but they always get eaten real quick. So I don't think dubias would work well as a cleaner crew for you. They aren't as good at hiding in the substrate as other options.

-Brandon
Yeah but would they work and clean I could careless if they get eaten and mine isnt paying any attention to the ground anyway lol

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Seems it would be ideal if you could make it work but I'd be doubtful they would do the clean up you need. Of course you have the bioactive, something I have no clue about. Just throwing in my .02. ?
-Dee
Edit - I do know from reading a lot on this site, there are people that use Supers as cleanup crew in their Dubia colonies. ?

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
No offense, but I'm surprised that someone who's ostensibly done as much research into bioactives as you have doesn't already know the answer to that. But I'm glad you asked.

Dubias are not isopods; they are roaches. (See below)

Some keep isopods as cleanup crews for their dubia colonies.

From Wikipedia:
Isopods
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Arthropoda
Subphylum: Crustacea
Class: Malacostraca
Superorder: Peracarida
Order: Isopoda

Cockroaches
Class: Insecta
Superorder: Dictyoptera
Order: Blattodea

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":18p11swx said:
No offense, but I'm surprised that someone who's ostensibly done as much research into bioactives as you have doesn't already know the answer to that. But I'm glad you asked.

Dubias are not isopods; they are roaches. (See below)

Some keep isopods as cleanup crews for their dubia colonies.

From Wikipedia:
Isopods
Subphylum: Crustacea
Class: Malacostraca
Superorder: Peracarida
Order: Isopoda

Cockroaches
Class: Insecta
Superorder: Dictyoptera
Order: Blattodea
Yeah i know they arent isopods lol if you read as much as my messages as you claim to you would know i have orange powder isopods in my enclosure that being said loose your anomosity. i also have darkling beetles in there too and a few dubia roaches as mentioned and spring tails i was getting other opinions on dubias for bio set ups other peoples experiences for their pros and cons thanks for making an ass out of yourself you didnt awnser my question at all besides that people use isopods for dubia colony clean up which i obvisouly knew lol as i said would supers work cause people use them and if you wouldve read my other post like you claim youd know i have isopods in there. was wondering if dubjas make more waste then they clean try to lay back in bed and wake up on the other side of the pillow lmao

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Original Poster
I didnt know just cause i have experince or have have reasearch we cant have debates about others experiences or pros and cons i thought this site was about trying to see if someone can tell me im doing wrong etc obviously nothing you have will be helpful from the few post ive seen so nect time u see wickedpogana i dont need your help hah let brandon respond next time

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Moderator Comment:
let's not let things get out of hand here. Remember that this is a friendly community, let's keep it that way :)

lunarminx

Our bearded dragon just went into her new zen, so her 40 gallon terrarium will become the new home for my anoles. That is going to be bioactive. I plan to use bean beetles, springtails, 4 different kinds of isopods, dubias and maybe mealworms as combined clean up crew, food source. I don't see why they can't be loose in a bioactive if we provide an extra gutload/food source for them. It will be a great harmless experiment to see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom