This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Has eaten half his salad already, so had his Super entre'. Six fat very active supers. He is a happy camper Dragon today! ?
Those supers I got yesterday will definitely try to get away from you! ?
Back to his hammock to bask.?
-Dee

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Seen pics skimmed over thread
Can clearly see your dragon is healthy and that you know what your doing
I think you should give him a high branch or something to perch on since they are semi-aboreal and maybe switch to a tile substrate it's cheap and its heavy so he can't go under it and keeps they're nails trimmed and so do rocks so maybe add a rock or two and maybe something for him to burrow with like a bioative substrate I have both tile and substrate but you could just do tile and give her a dig box if she will use it mine didnt so I just went half bio and half tile i have a waterfall in mine they dont recognize standing water and my humidity isnt an issue its actually perfect if you wanna see my tank and give me suggestions I'd appreciate it also i have pics under a thread "half bioactive half tile"

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Wickedpogana":3psxdz3s said:
Seen pics skimmed over thread
Can clearly see your dragon is healthy and that you know what your doing
I think you should give him a high branch or something to perch on since they are semi-aboreal and maybe switch to a tile substrate it's cheap and its heavy so he can't go under it and keeps they're nails trimmed and so do rocks so maybe add a rock or two and maybe something for him to burrow with like a bioative substrate I have both tile and substrate but you could just do tile and give her a dig box if she will use it mine didnt so I just went half bio and half tile i have a waterfall in mine they dont recognize standing water and my humidity isnt an issue its actually perfect if you wanna see my tank and give me suggestions I'd appreciate it also i have pics under a thread "half bioactive half tile"
Oh hon! 40br is too small for him, hoping to get him a bigger place so he can have more stuff to climb on, in a few months. Also have every intention of putting in tile but paper will do for now. It's just bare minimum until I can do better. He gets so much water on his veggies that I have no concern about hydration. You can tell from his nice little puddle around the poo and bright white urate. ? He just doesn't have enough room right now. We don't have the bond yet for him to be out of his tank for more than a few minutes in a bath and then short cuddle in his towel. We're working on it. ?
I'll check out your pics, that half and half sounds kewl.
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That salad looks great Dee. You are a perfect beardie slave haha! Petey sure is a lucky dragon.

Hope you were able to rest up today and feel better after all your shopping yesterday.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":10rtdla3 said:
That salad looks great Dee. You are a perfect beardie slave haha! Petey sure is a lucky dragon.

Hope you were able to rest up today and feel better after all your shopping yesterday.

-Brandon
Thanks hon! You'd never guess I did catering huh? It matters to me what it looks like. I'm sure Petey could not care less! ?
Yeah, I've been laid up all day but got a lot accomplished yesterday. Hope Dr appt goes well Fri and we can make some progress even if it does require surgery. At this point I'll try anything. After a while you just want your quality of life back. Never take good health for granted!? Half a century of abusing myself has come back to bite me! ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Petey's in fine form today, a little more active than usual. Been munching on his salad, obviously happy he got some Turnip Greens again. Store hasn't had any in a couple months. He's very alert today and has been scoping out the cats a lot. ? He doesnt seem the least concerned just very curious. If they walk around his tank, he'll walk with them! ? it's funny! He's never puffed or bb'd or anything, shows no fear just curiosity.
Hope everyone and their Beardies have a great day!
-Dee

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Petey's salad looks like something I'd eat!!! Hahaha Glad he loves his salad. And I'm still super jealous that he likes a real salad and not just greens! LOL Glad Petey seems to have a good relationship with the cats, inside his tank. Hahahaha Funny thing happened with my little Tampi and the puppers. They were playing outside her tank and she just sat on her hammock twisting and turning her head like, "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?!" It was the cutest thing, so I totally get it being funny that he walks with the cats. Lol Tamp has puffed her beard up at them, but never has it turned black, which is a good thing. The dogs always jump back and walk away like they know she'll kick their butt.

Hope to hear more on Petey!

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":2uhust6y said:
Petey's salad looks like something I'd eat!!! Hahaha Glad he loves his salad. And I'm still super jealous that he likes a real salad and not just greens! LOL Glad Petey seems to have a good relationship with the cats, inside his tank. Hahahaha Funny thing happened with my little Tampi and the puppers. They were playing outside her tank and she just sat on her hammock twisting and turning her head like, "WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY DOING?!" It was the cutest thing, so I totally get it being funny that he walks with the cats. Lol Tamp has puffed her beard up at them, but never has it turned black, which is a good thing. The dogs always jump back and walk away like they know she'll kick their butt.

Hope to hear more on Petey!

Vanessa
Yup his salad is hooman friendly. I'd eat it no prob. ?
Trying to get a couple pics with Petey and MuMu, my 6 month old kitten who is the same color as Petey!

106785-7492324891.jpg

106785-6463752230.jpg

Not sure what he thinks about that messed up Dragon outside his house! Lol! Color is right but he looks weird!

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good morning all!
Just noticed how Petey mimics the cats. Kitten up straight, Petey up straight. Kitten bends down, Petey bends down. Plus he follows if they walk around the tank. He is every bit as curious as they are. ? No signs of stress in any way. Only the kitten actually has an interest. The others pretty much ignore Petey. ? My cat DJ is much more interested in the worm container! He goes nuts when the oatmeal moves! Funny!
So it's a cold bright day here in NC. Got a couple inches of snow last evening, just enough to be pretty but will prob be gone by days end. That's the norm around here and it works for me. ?
-Dee

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
The pictures of the kitten are super cute. He's just a bigger fluffier version of Petey. Haha It sounds a bit cold in NC. It's a nice warm 73 degrees in my part of CA. Maybe I'll take the little one out tonight to help me cook. Haha

Have a great day Petey and Dee! :blob8: :blob5:

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":1lgx4izm said:
The pictures of the kitten are super cute. He's just a bigger fluffier version of Petey. Haha It sounds a bit cold in NC. It's a nice warm 73 degrees in my part of CA. Maybe I'll take the little one out tonight to help me cook. Haha

Vanessa
Yeah it's chilly today, high of about 38 I hear. Super bright though lots of sun. ?
Just put you hair up and I'm sure she'll stay right there to supervise your culinary skills. ?
Great day to you as well.
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
106785-1494080061.jpg

Trying something new today, tiny slices of pineapple on top of his salad. We'll see how he likes it. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
vrenee1018":6oxcn6cx said:

Vanessa

I agree, the pictures are super cute! And yeah, few days ago I was on the beach "tanning" Lol. Was in the 80's here, but the sun felt hotter.

DragonPete":6oxcn6cx said:
ust noticed how Petey mimics the cats. Kitten up straight, Petey up straight. Kitten bends down, Petey bends down. Plus he follows if they walk around the tank. He is every bit as curious as they are.
I bet petey likes the enrichment actually. I like seeing their brains working. Don't take it for granted. Moro has made me sensitive to the subject. But that's good. Puts things in perspective and keeps us appreciative of things we might not normally give a second thought to.

That's funny about your other cat and seeing the oatmeal move haha. I can just picture it in my head.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":2okq3w24 said:
vrenee1018":2okq3w24 said:

Vanessa

I agree, the pictures are super cute! And yeah, few days ago I was on the beach "tanning" Lol. Was in the 80's here, but the sun felt hotter.

DragonPete":2okq3w24 said:
ust noticed how Petey mimics the cats. Kitten up straight, Petey up straight. Kitten bends down, Petey bends down. Plus he follows if they walk around the tank. He is every bit as curious as they are.
I bet petey likes the enrichment actually. I like seeing their brains working. Don't take it for granted. Moro has made me sensitive to the subject. But that's good. Puts things in perspective and keeps us appreciative of things we might not normally give a second thought to.

That's funny about your other cat and seeing the oatmeal move haha. I can just picture it in my head.

-Brandon

All right dammit! Stop rubbing in the great weather out there! ? Supposed to be back in the 60's Monday. This is the closest we've gotten to winter and it's almost March.?
Petey and the kitten crack me up! MuMu wants Petey's tail and Petey just wants to know what's up with that weird looking Dragon!
Oh Brandon, you would LOL at DJ. He attacks the corner of the worm container every time he sees movement. It's a clear plastic container. I swear Petey sees it too. When the worms are active, he'll go to that corner of his tank and try to get at them when they wiggle around in the paper strips. They keep me laughing. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Well Dee, we are getting a heat wave this week. Gonna hit the low 80's on thursday.. yuck LOL. I start getting hot when it's over 80 :lol:

How's Petey doing today? How's the back treatn' ya?

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom