Pads behind head

Status
Not open for further replies.

HippieLizards

Gray-bearded Member
Beardie name(s)
Daisy, Loki, Rocket, Phoenix, Mulder & Scully. Non beardie pets: Stan (Leo) Cayde (Hognose) Tillery (cat)
I Don't know for sure either. My first guess would be that it's something the males can bite on during mating. That or it could be Something to help retain heat while basking? I don't know, this is a good question!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
They are called epaulets , [ some call them " shoulder pads ] I've heard that they may be a sort of fake appearance of having eyes so another animal would think they are looking at them and would be less likely to attack. I don't know if that's true or if they serve some other form of communication.

BeardedDragonSteve

Juvie Member
Original Poster
AHBD":1n6qnf5w said:
They are called epaulets , [ some call them " shoulder pads ] I've heard that they may be a sort of fake appearance of having eyes so another animal would think they are looking at them and would be less likely to attack. I don't know if that's true or if they serve some other form of communication.
That seems likely.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
My husband calls them vestigial wings from when they used to fly. There is no science for this hypothesis, but it is a very fun idea.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Heck, I always thought they were a tough spot of scales to keep them from poking a hole in their neck with their spikes every time they turned their heads, LOL!!!

Well, guess I'm gonna have to rethink my whole concept of this, LOL!!!!

You guys are kill'n me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom