What's wrong with Superworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
DragonPete":1s19fryd said:
Nothing wrong with a difference of opinion. Makes for good debate and allows those interested in the subject to decide what works for them and their Beardies. Personally I believe there are few 'absolutes', with exception of things like never feed lightening bugs, etc. Glad so many have weighed in on this. ?
-Dee
I agree the more opinions the better and more to choose from how you do your dragons care definitely more debates I'm here for good great community here

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Good post Dorg.
However we do recommend the mealworms and super bettles every once in awhile as treat, especially to dragons with plaque or dirty teeth. Seems to help keep their teeth clean. But it's definitely not something I do very often if hardly ever.

Personally, I've never experienced any problems from insects with high chitin content. If you've seen my mealworms thread, it pretty much sums up my thoughts on them quite well.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
claudiusx":3pifwvsw said:
Good post Dorg.
However we do recommend the mealworms and super bettles every once in awhile as treat, especially to dragons with plaque or dirty teeth. Seems to help keep their teeth clean. But it's definitely not something I do very often if hardly ever.

Personally, I've never experienced any problems from insects with high chitin content. If you've seen my mealworms thread, it pretty much sums up my thoughts on them quite well.

-Brandon
Mine doesn't go for the beetles but he like the pupa, the beetles emit that pheromone that beardies usually get deterred from but I think darkling beetles are good cleanup crew to some extent

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Yeah, I overspoke with the "at all" at the end. I was thinking not regular day to day feeders for the adult beetles. Variety for mind and body of the dragon!

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
So my opinion is only for variety because the adult beetles are less nutritional and harder to digest than larvae

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":3r56sbmc said:
So my opinion is only for variety because the adult beetles are less nutritional and harder to digest than larvae
I soaked up the info! ? Learned a lot. I appreciate everyone's opinion. I'm sure most of us do.
When I take on something new, like having a dragon, I do tons of research on the subject, which is what led me to this site. ? It has been an unbelievable help to me and Petey. ? I can't imagine how many peeps have been able to 'do right' by their dragons because of all the input here. Thank you!
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
DorgEndo":1wlct3kx said:
Aiming for a middle chitin road
Middle Chitin Road--I think I know someone who lives there. It's off Route 66, right? :lol:
So chitin is chitin, but not all chitin is the same. :? (Kidding--I get it. I'm just in a particularly goofy mood--new bugs came in a couple days early, and caught me off-guard. :D )

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
MrSpectrum":ul2lhl45 said:
DorgEndo":ul2lhl45 said:
Aiming for a middle chitin road
Middle Chitin Road--I think I know someone who lives there. It's off Route 66, right? :lol:
So chitin is chitin, but not all chitin is the same. :? (Kidding--I get it. I'm just in a particularly goofy mood--new bugs came in a couple days early, and caught me off-guard. :D )
No Chit(in)! LOL! ?
-Dee

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
claudiusx":3jumr0fg said:
Good post Dorg.
I'll admit I've been real tempted a few times to drop a chunk of milkbone (basically hardtack) in Z's dish.
Not that I have--or would--or need to. It's reading these threads about lizard tarter/plaque! :shock:

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DragonPete":2dewusc3 said:
MrSpectrum":2dewusc3 said:
DragonPete":2dewusc3 said:
No Chit(in)! LOL! ?
Touché! :lol:
Yeah I'm particularly goofy most of the time. ?
Life is too short not to find the fun in it. ?
-Dee
I feel the same way! Never take life seriously, you're not gonna make it out alive anyway, lol!!!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom