Potentially Gravid Beardie?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

My girl is around 10 months, and she's been showing signs lately of potentially being gravid, even though she has never mated, leading me to think she might be ready to lay an infertile clutch.
She's been a bit moody, lethargic, doesn't really want to be held, eating less, gained a little weight, and keeps digging at her cage.
She's in a 40g tank with proper lighting, enough protein and veggies every day, gets a lot of love an attention, and has many items in her cage to keep her busy when I'm not taking her out.

My question is, how to I create a proper dig box for her? Do I use sand? And do I keep a little box of it in her cage, or do I place her in there for a little bit once a day?

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
shewholuvsreptilez30":1g7cq15f said:
Hello,

My girl is around 10 months, and she's been showing signs lately of potentially being gravid, even though she has never mated, leading me to think she might be ready to lay an infertile clutch.
She's been a bit moody, lethargic, doesn't really want to be held, eating less, gained a little weight, and keeps digging at her cage.
She's in a 40g tank with proper lighting, enough protein and veggies every day, gets a lot of love an attention, and has many items in her cage to keep her busy when I'm not taking her out.

My question is, how to I create a proper dig box for her? Do I use sand? And do I keep a little box of it in her cage, or do I place her in there for a little bit once a day?
Yes make a dig box use play sand and top soil mix it 50/50 that's the bare mixture commonly used you could add clay or coconut fiber in there if wanted when you place her in the dig box move all of it to one side and just let her dig for as long as she needs maybe even move the lights overtop her and when she lays if she does maybe feed her a pinky mouse so she can egain some of what she lost make sure you know the pros and cons of pinky mice
Glass scratching and constant digging which you mentioned is the signs of being gravis and the other symptoms you mentioned of you dint give her the right conditions to lay she may become impacted from the binding of the eggs even if she didnt mate "infertile clutch "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom