Zilla Desert Series 50 T8

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It will work for 6 months its not going to be as strong as the Reptisun - put it inside the tank 8-10 inches from basking spot w/ NO cover on the bulb --- in 6 months keep the fixture and replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun 10.0 ------------ you could of ordered it on line from here www.pangeareptiles.com -- go look at that website
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":1jrkbpj2 said:
It will work for 6 months its not going to be as strong as the Reptisun - put it inside the tank 8-10 inches from basking spot w/ NO cover on the bulb --- in 6 months keep the fixture and replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun 10.0 ------------ you could of ordered it on line from here http://www.pangeareptiles.com -- go look at that website
Karrie
Thanks Karrie! Just realised the 50 prob means 5.0 but doesn't say so. Pet store said they'll have more reptisun next week, might wait until I can get him a 10.0. His is inside the tank, no cover with smooth foil reflector ( As per your instructions a couple months ago?). Guess another week won't hurt.
-Dee

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No it wont you can use the fixture you got for the Reptisun bulb -- the bulb will work too its just not as strong --- but you now have a fixture w/ a reflector -- I have the same fixture in the basement that I used for a 20 gallon tank - its just that I had the Reptisun bulb in there - I used it last Sept when I had Kida that was totally malnourished when I got her --- she died in a few weeks --
Karrie

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":oyr8acx9 said:
No it wont you can use the fixture you got for the Reptisun bulb -- the bulb will work too its just not as strong --- but you now have a fixture w/ a reflector -- I have the same fixture in the basement that I used for a 20 gallon tank - its just that I had the Reptisun bulb in there - I used it last Sept when I had Kida that was totally malnourished when I got her --- she died in a few weeks --
Karrie
Awww so sorry to hear that. ?
Already had the fixture but wanted to replace the bulb. If I'm able, I'll wait till they get some more reptisun but if not I'll go ahead and use this for a few months until I'm on my feet and can get him a better one. As long as it will suffice, we're good.
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have to say this but a 5.0 t8 is nowhere near strong enough for a dragon, a 10.0 t8 is barely strong enough. IMO

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":12khbcun said:
I have to say this but a 5.0 t8 is nowhere near strong enough for a dragon, a 10.0 t8 is barely strong enough. IMO
Then I'll hold off and take it back to exchange for the reptisun 10.0 next week when they have more.
Thanks hon!
-Dee

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
DragonPete":2kotp6n9 said:
KarrieRee":2kotp6n9 said:
It will work for 6 months its not going to be as strong as the Reptisun - put it inside the tank 8-10 inches from basking spot w/ NO cover on the bulb --- in 6 months keep the fixture and replace the bulb w/ the Reptisun 10.0 ------------ you could of ordered it on line from here http://www.pangeareptiles.com -- go look at that website
Karrie
Thanks Karrie! Just realised the 50 prob means 5.0 but doesn't say so. Pet store said they'll have more reptisun next week, might wait until I can get him a 10.0. His is inside the tank, no cover with smooth foil reflector ( As per your instructions a couple months ago?). Guess another week won't hurt.
-Dee

I'd return it unused still in box and exchange for something else , order in an Arcadia 12%UVB tube by mail-order would be my advise .

Zilla's UV sources are very dodgy quality wise.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DragonPete":2hwsdzdf said:
Gormagon":2hwsdzdf said:
Then I'll hold off and take it back to exchange for the reptisun 10.0 next week when they have more.
Thanks hon!
-Dee
Anytime my friend!!!

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
kingofnobbys":awybxu6h said:
DragonPete":awybxu6h said:
KarrieRee":awybxu6h said:
Karrie
-Dee

I'd return it unused still in box and exchange for something else , order in an Arcadia 12%UVB tube by mail-order would be my advise .

Zilla's UV sources are very dodgy quality wise.
I just checked out the link Karrie gave me and I can get the Arcadia WITH shipping for $8 less than what I just paid for this one. SMH I'm taking it back! Geez!
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, I think the Arcadia 12% is a T5 and you have a T8 fixture. I know it gets confusing at times and very frustrating but such is the life of a dragon slave!!!???

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Gormagon":193zspqm said:
Correct me if I'm wrong here but, I think the Arcadia 12% is a T5 and you have a T8 fixture. I know it gets confusing at times and very frustrating but such is the life of a dragon slave!!!???
Karrie's correct, they have the Arcadia T8, I'm ordering it.
Was very happy to see Arcadia made a T8.
?
-Dee

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
DragonPete":291dfk7r said:
Gormagon":291dfk7r said:
Karrie's correct, they have the Arcadia T8, I'm ordering it.
Was very happy to see Arcadia made a T8.
?
-Dee
Did not know this!!!!!!
Learn some new everyday???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom