Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

This forum is specifically for people who want to share day-to-day stories about their beardies... the weird or fun stuff. This is not a forum for seeking help, but more just for sharing the cuteness that is your beardie.

Re: Claud's Crew! - New Girl In The House! - New Pics

Postby DragonPete » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:53 pm

She looks great! Beautiful colors. No darkness anywhere. And she has her own private beach! I'd be happy too!
You have a toddler, got Pedialyte in the cabinet? I'd get a few drops on Tombo's greens. 👍 I think that would work.
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Claudiusx » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Wow, you know my fridge better than me. :lol: I actually just remembered I do have pedialyte because she was sick last week.. *checks around the corner to make sure Dee isn't in my house..* :laughing6:
She decided out of no where that she doesn't like it anymore. She used to chug it LOL.

Truth be told i'm not too concerned about Tombo's hydration levels. I know his urates look bad, but like i said, when they sit that long they tend to yellow up a bit anyways with age. If he had just poo'd a few days prior and this came out, I would definitely be more concerned about it.
Either way, definitely gonna put a bit of extra effort into getting him some hydration over the next week or two and see how things change.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:38 am

claudiusx wrote:Wow, you know my fridge better than me. :lol: I actually just remembered I do have pedialyte because she was sick last week.. *checks around the corner to make sure Dee isn't in my house..* :laughing6:
She decided out of no where that she doesn't like it anymore. She used to chug it LOL.

Truth be told i'm not too concerned about Tombo's hydration levels. I know his urates look bad, but like i said, when they sit that long they tend to yellow up a bit anyways with age. If he had just poo'd a few days prior and this came out, I would definitely be more concerned about it.
Either way, definitely gonna put a bit of extra effort into getting him some hydration over the next week or two and see how things change.

-Brandon

When you have a toddler some things are a given. Pedialyte and baby wipes. 😆
I understand it wasn't 'fresh', makes sense. It doesn't take long in the heat to look pretty bad. 😱 I'm amazed he held that volume! 😆
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:17 pm

Well, Moro looked very alert today when I got home. Was excited that she was up and alert. Gave her a few worms which she ate readily, and then have her some salad which she wasnt thrilled with.

A few minutes later she had moved to the middle of her tank. Another good sign :)
Since I was already working on getting Tombo to drink (spoiler.. didnt work) I decided to spray Moro and have her drink. After a few seconds she started drinking from the sprayer quite a bit. However I noticed as time went on her beard was getting bigger and bigger. Yup, she was holding the water in her beard instead of swallowing it. But I saw her a few minutes later and she was taking small gulps so she was drinking and getting it down. Here is a pic of her with her massive water beard.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Unfortunately, 5 minutes later I came back and noticed her on her tile with a bit of water near her. Weird as I didnt spray her over there. Then I saw the 2 superworms I fed her earlier. She threw up. Hoping we didnt just regress some more when we had just started to make progress. Gosh it kills me that she feels the need to stuff her beard instead of just swallowing.
[Click image to enlarge]

I mean look at those 2 supers. They aren't chewed up at all. Just like I said. She gum hugs them down her throat.

The good thing is only what she was fed today came up. So the worms she ate yesterday had to have gone down, and since no dubia roach came up I've got to imagine that is over and done with too, which is good.

Hopefully we have a good day tomorrow. Maybe I just gave her too much water.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:29 pm

claudiusx wrote:Well, Moro looked very alert today when I got home. Was excited that she was up and alert. Gave her a few worms which she ate readily, and then have her some salad which she wasnt thrilled with.

A few minutes later she had moved to the middle of her tank. Another good sign :)
Since I was already working on getting Tombo to drink (spoiler.. didnt work) I decided to spray Moro and have her drink. After a few seconds she started drinking from the sprayer quite a bit. However I noticed as time went on her beard was getting bigger and bigger. Yup, she was holding the water in her beard instead of swallowing it. But I saw her a few minutes later and she was taking small gulps so she was drinking and getting it down. Here is a pic of her with her massive water beard.
[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

Unfortunately, 5 minutes later I came back and noticed her on her tile with a bit of water near her. Weird as I didnt spray her over there. Then I saw the 2 superworms I fed her earlier. She threw up. Hoping we didnt just regress some more when we had just started to make progress. Gosh it kills me that she feels the need to stuff her beard instead of just swallowing.
[Click image to enlarge]

I mean look at those 2 supers. They aren't chewed up at all. Just like I said. She gum hugs them down her throat.

The good thing is only what she was fed today came up. So the worms she ate yesterday had to have gone down, and since no dubia roach came up I've got to imagine that is over and done with too, which is good.

Hopefully we have a good day tomorrow. Maybe I just gave her too much water.

-Brandon

Poor girl! Dang. Guessing she just took in too much water? Wonder why she hoards her food instead of just eating? Could there have been an environment where she didn't get enough to eat before you got her? It's like she wants to stock pile it. Like she's afraid she won't get any more. I had a feral cat that would eat until she vomited. Had to limit her food access. Vet said it was because of being feral that she never knew when she'd eat again but she'd get over it. Took her 2 yrs before I could leave food out. Makes me wonder if it's a similar issue. Isn't that the problem you had a couple months ago with her hiding bugs in her beard? Poor baby.😞
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:37 pm

I've had her since she was 6 weeks old, and I doubt the breeder starved her.

I noticed her doing this after her bath time scare when she was really young. And shes done it ever since :(

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:43 pm

claudiusx wrote:I've had her since she was 6 weeks old, and I doubt the breeder starved her.

I noticed her doing this after her bath time scare when she was really young. And shes done it ever since :(

-Brandon

That's crazy but I'm sure if anyone can get her over it, it would be you. 🤗
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:24 am

Chew and swallow dear Moro. This may be a radical idea, since dragons have been known to learn through watching others maybe pull up a youtube video with a dragon chewing and swallowing and drinking water the same way you have offered water.

I'll pull up videos of dragons eating vegetables for Devlyn, I have no idea if it works for her but I don't see the harm in it
Last edited by DorgEndo on Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby Claudiusx » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:59 pm

Dorg, you'd think she would have learned just from hearing Tombo crunch underneath her. At this point it might be worth a shot ha.

Well last night she slept in a different spot than usual. This was huge! She has slept in the same spot for the past 4 or 5 months now it seems. So seeing her fall asleep somewhere knew was very exciting! And when I got home today, she wasn't in her brumation cave either. She was lying out in the middle of her tank :D

I gave her 2 worms today, no water. So far so good. Happy with her today.

Kiki got some quality time with me and my daughter today. My daughter absolutely loves kiki. She calls her by name, says hello about 100 times to her (I think she is expecting to hear something back, so she keeps trying) and she is always waving at her and she waves and says goodbye to her when we leave the room. She was even playing peek-a-boo with Kiki by putting her face up to her tank. My daughter is only 18 months old lol.

Anyways, here is Kiki in Tombos old favorite spot. The windowsil overlooking our backyard.
[Click image to enlarge]

Later in the day so lighting isn't the best. She looks very very bright today! I was shocked actually.

And while me and my daughter were sitting outside, I noticed something I hadn't ever before. Kiki, is going through a goth phase.
That's right. She has been putting eyeliner on.
Don't believe me?

[Click image to enlarge]

[Click image to enlarge]

She must not be very good, as I noticed a back speck near her nose ontop of her head. But hey, she's trying I guess!

In seriousness, I've never seen something like this before. It's quite interesting IMO.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:49 pm

Kiki looks like she's wearing a scarf on her head. 😊 so cute.
Love hearing about your baby girls interaction with your dragons. I just get all the feels! 🤗
Glad Moro is better today. 👍 What's Tombo up to? Is he down for the count?
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby Claudiusx » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks Dee :)

No Tombo is up and active but he's weird... hes been acting odd. I think it might be... frustrations... of you know what I mean lol.

He is quite active, but he acts like he is purposely trying to ignore me and pay me no mind. Like when someone walks in the room and then all of a sudden you start doing something different so that you look occupied and they wont bother you? I swear that's what Tombo does. When he sees me all of a sudden he looks off, and then goes and starts walking around acting like hes too busy to notice me. Idk really how to explain it.
Maybe this is his plan, to drive me insane and make me sound insane lol.

-Brandon
Claudiusx

Postby DragonPete » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:12 pm

claudiusx wrote:Thanks Dee :)

No Tombo is up and active but he's weird... hes been acting odd. I think it might be... frustrations... of you know what I mean lol.

He is quite active, but he acts like he is purposely trying to ignore me and pay me no mind. Like when someone walks in the room and then all of a sudden you start doing something different so that you look occupied and they wont bother you? I swear that's what Tombo does. When he sees me all of a sudden he looks off, and then goes and starts walking around acting like hes too busy to notice me. Idk really how to explain it.
Maybe this is his plan, to drive me insane and make me sound insane lol.

-Brandon

I absolutely know what you mean! Lol! Too funny!
Here comes the boss! Look busy!
I'm busy doing Dragon things don't have time to deal with you! Hahaha!
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby DorgEndo » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:46 am

Those dragons definitely have more up their non-existent sleeves than they let on. I have also experienced many a time the look away and I’m too busy dragon attitude. Because that corner is really so interesting. After all it was corner o’clock which means I, a fierce independent dragon who don’t need no hooman, was late to my corner watching tradition. Do not disturb! Lol

-April
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby DragonPete » Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:19 pm

LOL @ April!! That is SO true! Hahaha! 😆
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby vrenee1018 » Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:43 pm

Kiki looks so gorgeous! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles with Moro, but I'm sure she's gonna pull through whatever it is she's going through. She's got the best dad EVER to watch her. Haha Overall the crew looks to be doing good and that makes me happy :D

I'm so glad your little girl has taken such an interest in the beardies. It makes me excited when little kids, especially girls, are into reptiles. Like we can be into "boy" things too! Love love love it! I just had a co-workers little 5 year old daughter ask where my iguana is (talking about my beardie, Tampico), because she remembers one time she came in and I had her at work. Kids are adorable. Lol

Take care, crew!!

Vanessa
Image Ohhh myyy little Taaam-piiico <3
vrenee1018
Juvie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

PreviousNext

Return to Beardie Tales