What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

This forum is for general Beardie discussions that do not fit within other specialized forums. Please use a forum specific to your issue, if one applies.

What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Cassidee219 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:49 pm

[Click image to enlarge]
I am very confused by this girl. She has dark blue eyes, and she is obviously a red/Orange. I bought her from a local, and they didn't give me much, other than red, leatherback and translucent and hypo. [Click image to enlarge]
Cassidee219
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Wickedpogana » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:56 pm

I believe he is a leatherback
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Wickedpogana » Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:57 pm

]I believe he is a leatherback have someone else besides me weigh in some people really know their morphs, if his nails are clear he is a hypo and he doesn't look to be translucent since they have dark black eyes
Image
User avatar
Wickedpogana
Hatchling Poster
 
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 am
Location: Cleveland OHIO If you got no Heat Your Dragon wont eat!

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Cassidee219 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:02 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:I believe he is a leatherback



I believe that is correct, I'm just worried other things I was told are a lie. It was from a store owned by a breeder. He told me in the beginning she was a he. She's about a year old, had her for 2 months.
Cassidee219
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Cassidee219 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 6:04 pm

Wickedpogana wrote:]I believe he is a leatherback have someone else besides me weigh in some people really know their morphs, if his nails are clear he is a hypo and he doesn't look to be translucent since they have dark black eyes



Definite leatherback, I can tell by how she feels. Nails are clear. I was worried he was wrong because the seller told me in the beginning, she was a male. Lol she was about 10 months old when I got her. She's about a year now I believe.
Cassidee219
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby AHBD » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:33 pm

I think it is a leatherback as well as trans, they don't all have black eyes. A dragon with blue eyes is very unique though and they used to be highly sought after.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko
 
Posts: 23944
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:20 am

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Claudiusx » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:37 pm

Hypo trans leatherback. Although I'm not 100% sure on the trans. It's hard to tell when they are that large and don't have pure black eyes. Trans don't need to have black eyes, but their scales need to be translucent.. easier to spot in a smaller dragon.

But, I'm leaning towards trans.

All the nails look clear, so a hypotrans leatherback :)
With some bloody awesome eyes.

-Brandon
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
User avatar
Claudiusx
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 18158
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: California

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Cassidee219 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:40 pm

AHBD wrote:I think it is a leatherback as well as trans, they don't all have black eyes. A dragon with blue eyes is very unique though and they used to be highly sought after.

Thanks so much! ❤️
Cassidee219
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Re: What morph? Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Cassidee219 » Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:43 pm

claudiusx wrote:Hypo trans leatherback. Although I'm not 100% sure on the trans. It's hard to tell when they are that large and don't have pure black eyes. Trans don't need to have black eyes, but their scales need to be translucent.. easier to spot in a smaller dragon.

But, I'm leaning towards trans.

All the nails look clear, so a hypotrans leatherback :)
With some bloody awesome eyes.

-Brandon



She is very Beautiful. Thank you so much. She also has this weird Stripe down her back? I'll try to post another photo. [Click image to enlarge]


It looks like just flash but it's yellow where as she's red
Cassidee219
Newbie Poster
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:42 pm
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -


Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users