Pink Urate, No Parasites?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lewie has had a pinky tinge to his urates for quite a while now, and I got a fecal done (with his urates) and it was completely clear. He's still feeling 10/10 and there's no signs of sickness what so ever. He's a very happy boy, so I'm wondering what this could be? Any help would be appreciated

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
pink? are you feeding any supplements and what are they? How about red foods like red peppers strawberries ?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Discolored urates, especially pinkish, are usually caused by the food you feed your insects. Usually the orange cubes that get fed to crickets.

If thsts not the case, it could be an oversupplementaion issue.

-Brandon

heidiveinohatt

Original Poster
KarrieRee":cjmblbk0 said:
pink? are you feeding any supplements and what are they? How about red foods like red peppers strawberries ?
Karrie
Nothing red. I feed him his calcium as much as I can, but its hard to get it into him as if he notices that I put it on his food, he won't touch it. Ive got mostly a handle on it now but some days he does miss his calcium, but I dont think it would cause this?

heidiveinohatt

Original Poster
claudiusx":3lv7m9d9 said:
Discolored urates, especially pinkish, are usually caused by the food you feed your insects. Usually the orange cubes that get fed to crickets.

If thsts not the case, it could be an oversupplementaion issue.

-Brandon
Is it possible undersupplementation could cause it?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I dont think so ---- you can try giving liquid calcium if he does not like the powder - this red urate is above my pay scale - someone else is gonna haft to weigh in on this one--- is his urate always a pink color or is it hit and miss ? How often ?
Karrie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
No, undersupplementing wouldn't cause it. What feeders do you feed? And what do your feeders eat?

Has he ate any squash lately?

If you could get a picture of it that would help.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom