Brumating or ill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stover27

Hi I was hoping someone could give us some advice. Our 3 year old bearded Dragon isn’t looking well at all. Hasn’t eaten much in 2 months. We thought she was maybe brumating but she now has sunken eyes, a black belly and doesn’t move. Is this common? She also has a large scaleY growth on her back.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Please post pics of tank and lighting and her and no that is not brumation ---- she is sick it sounds like -- please weigh her on a kitchen food scale weigh in grams ---
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at top of message box and then click on pic it should post
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree, that doesn't look good. A vet visit is highly recommended as soon as possible. You'll want to get a sample of that rough skin tested for a fungal infection and treated accordingly. You can proactively apply some antifungal cream like lamisil to the affected areas. I also suggest offering water by dripping it on her nose to lick up and you can also try the same with some veggie baby food to try and get some nutrients into her.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Did you get the dragon into the vet? Did they take samples ? Can you give us an update please?
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom