This is Petey's house! (Ongoing thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
106785-4049155922.jpg
106785-7732845945.jpg
106785-1263946179.jpg
106785-9536682805.jpg

Yes! He loves his salad!
Menu today: kale, dandelion, zucchini, bell pepper, shredded sweet potato.
YUM (of course he has to eyeball it first to be sure it's up to snuff!)

What's your buddy having today?
-Dee

UPDATE 1/6/20-Decided to make this Petey's ongoing thread rather than starting new posts.

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So he's still basking, ate about 40% of his salad, which is more than he usually does first thing, he'll continue to nibble and if he stays up, will get some Supers later. ?
-Dee
Edit - He ate more salad and 6 Supers. Cat knocked off the worm container and I had oatmeal and Supers in the floor!? Geez! A day in the life......

vrenee1018

Juvie Member
Heeelllloooo Petey! Sounds like he has a good appetite today! At least you didn't have dubia all over the floor! Could you imagine?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanessa

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
vrenee1018":1k8zbonz said:
Heeelllloooo Petey! Sounds like he has a good appetite today! At least you didn't have dubia all over the floor! Could you imagine?!?!?!?!?!? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vanessa

YES I can! Which is why I don't get roaches!? I grew up in Florida and lived all over the south. Don't want to be within a mile of ANY kind of roach! LOL! ? Just my OCD. No roaches! ? I'm good with any type of worm but prefer those that DONT look like maggots.? Those are on my NEVER list too. ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi Dee,

Glad petey is up and eating! Tell him to make up his darn mind! LOL.

Roaches aren't too bad, I kind of like them now. Or at least, respect them for what they're worth lol. I was always into bugs as a kid, and when I got into dragons, I got really into all aspects of the hobby. I wanted to be able to breed every bug they eat, grow every veggie they eat, build all their tanks, create fake rock structures! I was so into it!

So I saw Dubia roaches as just another insect breeding i could "conquer" But, now that I live with my wife, I had to convince her as to why we should have them. Money.. that was all. LOL.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":ae3rqbmb said:
Hi Dee,

Glad petey is up and eating! Tell him to make up his darn mind! LOL.

Roaches aren't too bad, I kind of like them now. Or at least, respect them for what they're worth lol. I was always into bugs as a kid, and when I got into dragons, I got really into all aspects of the hobby. I wanted to be able to breed every bug they eat, grow every veggie they eat, build all their tanks, create fake rock structures! I was so into it!

So I saw Dubia roaches as just another insect breeding i could "conquer" But, now that I live with my wife, I had to convince her as to why we should have them. Money.. that was all. LOL.

-Brandon

I'm sure if I was feeding as many as you are, I'd see them differently. Or if I was feeding a baby. Since I have one adult, not necessary. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hi everybody! Petey is still up today. Just made him dinner.
Menu today is Collards, diced zucchini, fine shredded carrot and sliced tiny strawberry. He's still contemplating whether he's gonna eat it. ? He will but prefers to do so when I'm NOT watching and trying to get a pic. Lol!
First time for ?. We'll see if he eats it, didn't eat any bell pepper yesterday.

106785-8634953708.jpg

-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
? Hmmmm. Petey doesn't seem too interested in dinner today, only had a couple bites and went back to basking. Then got down and scratched around under his hammock (where he 'naps'). Of course he stopped when he saw me. We had some pets and he went back to basking. Wonder if he's considering more naps? Not that it matters, he does whatever he wants. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
So! Hasn't eaten and hasn't gone down for nap. Since I broke his basking bulb and replaced it with a house bulb, his temps were ok but just wasn't himself, not eating as usual. Now today, bulb not keeping temps up on basking spot. Have replaced his bulb with a new 65 watt flood, we'll see how that works. Also ordering a new uvb tube for him.
-Dee

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Never a bad idea to get new UVB and make sure the lighting is doing its job. I definitely replace the UVB sooner what the standard recommendation is, it doesn't hurt and can only help

Petey is a lucky dragon to be showered with attention and care, I'm sure he notices since he has been awake from those napping days

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
DorgEndo":2p6y1pb2 said:
Never a bad idea to get new UVB and make sure the lighting is doing its job. I definitely replace the UVB sooner what the standard recommendation is, it doesn't hurt and can only help

Petey is a lucky dragon to be showered with attention and care, I'm sure he notices since he has been awake from those napping days
Thank you hon! I really do try and have gotten so much help on the forum, I can't begin to thank all those that have helped me.
Definitely needs new tube. As much as getting out is difficult, I'd rather try that than order online. Too easy to be broken.
Have got to get out tomorrow, cats need food too. Besides need to make sure to stock up for the zoo, may be having back surgery and that will make it very hard to shop. Keep fingers crossed for us! ?
-Dee

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
DragonPete":1yphk9hr said:
Thank you hon! I really do try and have gotten so much help on the forum, I can't begin to thank all those that have helped me.
I was jsut thinking about this the other day, but Dee, you've really come a long way since you first joined here. You should be proud. I'm really glad you found this site, and I'm glad you've stuck around. It's always nice to have active members who contribute to the community feel.

Back a few years this place was really boomin' and there were a lot of active people. It was nice, we were all posting on eachothers threads. We were all eachothers biggest fans. We were all friends. So I love it when people stick around and join in on the conversations and threads like you have. That's how we build up a good community.

So, no thanks required. I thank you instead!

Good luck on your back surgery! Hopefully it solves whatever problems you've been suffering through.

-Brandon

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
claudiusx":17e0uuck said:
DragonPete":17e0uuck said:
I was jsut thinking about this the other day, but Dee, you've really come a long way since you first joined here. You should be proud. I'm really glad you found this site, and I'm glad you've stuck around. It's always nice to have active members who contribute to the community feel.

Back a few years this place was really boomin' and there were a lot of active people. It was nice, we were all posting on eachothers threads. We were all eachothers biggest fans. We were all friends. So I love it when people stick around and join in on the conversations and threads like you have. That's how we build up a good community.

So, no thanks required. I thank you instead!

Good luck on your back surgery! Hopefully it solves whatever problems you've been suffering through.

-Brandon

Awww dang Brandon you made my day!? I'm always concerned I'm posting too much! Lol! But I'll throw in my .02 if I feel I can contribute. Try to greet newbies. Make others feel welcome.?
Yeah I'm pretty nervous about my appt with surgeon Fri. Hopefully we'll come up with a plan.
I still didn't get out yesterday, will push myself to do it today. Babies gotta eat. ?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Woohoo! Good day for Petey! Finally got his fave greens-turnip! Last 2 were mustard and collards, both he'll eat but prefers Turnip greens. Got summer squash. He loves squash, I rotate between summer and zucchini. Some red grapes for treat. Tried strawberries 3 times and he eats around it. Not gonna bother with them for awhile, he doesnt care for them. Yet to find a fruit he will eat much less LIKE. But he's good with veggies so I'm not concerned about lack of fruit. I'll add a bite occassionaly.
Stopped at Pet store, they had fresh Supers! Yay! Got 50 for 6.29 I think it was. Fat and very Active! Was 54 in container. Cleaned worm tank, put in fresh oats, he had 27 left of his last 100 so he's good to go for at least a month if I'm laid up.? Considering 100 Supers are $14, I can handle pet store price! Actually cheaper and ATM better product. Just don't have the convenience of delivery. Not convenient if you have to wait 9 days. Also got a bag of frozen collards for the freezer in event of emergency. ?
Got his kitty siblings all stocked up too, plenty of wet and dry food and litter. So the zoo is good for at least a month!? Yay!
So after all the shopping, I'm on ice packs and pain meds! ?Hoping Dr can come up with a plan to relieve the issues, later in the week. This is why I rarely leave the house.?
-Dee

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Numnumnum! Dinner time! Today's menu is Turnip greens, diced yellow squash, fine carrot shreds and sliced red grapes.
He seems to approve. Even ate 2 pcs of grape! Woohoo!
?
-Dee

106785-9661622606.jpg

DragonPete

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Hand fed him a piece of green and he dove in! He missed his turnip greens! He chomped down about 25% which is his norm. Now he'll bask a bit, poo, bask some more and eat some more. He usually munches his salad all day. Today he gets some supers once he's half way thru the salad. ? Happy Petey!
-Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank
Taking my beardie for a walk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarmaChild99
Top Bottom