How am I doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
I adopted my first bearded dragon almost 5 months ago. It’s crazy how fast time has gone since then. He’s no longer a baby! Anyway, I just wanted to check and see how I’m doing. I sure fell in love with my little guy and I want to do everything I can for him!

Setup:
40 G long viv
Basking temp 102 F
Cool side 80 F
Hides and things to climb on around cage, also a hammock (which he loves!)
Lights on 7 off 7
T5 HO 10.0 tube that covered roughly 3/4 of viv (plenty of room to “escape” if needed
No water in cage, though I give weekly baths and provide fresh veggies that sometimes have water

Husbandry;
Feed 2-3 times a day (BSFL mainly but also crickets/other worms to incorporate a variety)
I don’t dust the BSFL with calcium, since they are already high with it
Multivitamin powder a couple of times a week
Poops once a day, always healthy
Never really has hard time shedding
Seems healthy to me, but these are very hardy creature and they hide illness well.

Pictures:
106687-9137462810.jpg
I will upload more pictures tomorrow. He’s sound asleep right now and none of the pictures I have show his full body. Thank you! :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Are you feeding salads? On the feeding board there is a nutrition website- please go look - your dragon needs greens everyday - please start feeding those- ASAP-- if you need any help getting him to eat his salads please ask- otherwise everything sounds good-- more pics would be good
Karrie

beardiebaby19

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":cup4w9lu said:
Are you feeding salads? On the feeding board there is a nutrition website- please go look - your dragon needs greens everyday - please start feeding those- ASAP-- if you need any help getting him to eat his salads please ask- otherwise everything sounds good-- more pics would be good
Karrie
Sorry I completely forgot about those! I give him fresh veggies every single day. I offer mustard/collard/turnip greens, escarole, endive, bell peppers, squash, etc. I have been giving them to him every day since we have gotten him. He loves his veggies! I sure got lucky. Again, my bad. Completely forgot to mention!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Your little dude is doing good ?-- he should be a happy beardie
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom