URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I moved your thread so now it is in the ER section as it's more fitting of a section than health.

Could your roommate have given him something too big? Or have you not be able to get ahold of him yet?

At least in the picture he looks nice and bright colored and basking. That is a good sign.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
For now I would just keep letting him bask, and try to keep him around 80 overnight if you can.

And then hopefully we get more answers from your roommate when you get ahold of him. is he still breathing weird?

-Brandon

AndrewH17

Original Poster
He replied and said 3 yesterday night and one big one today, it kinda looks like it’s gagging and wants to throw up idk what I should do..

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wonder if the big one is stuck in the throat.

Can you see anything of you look in his mouth? Based on the picture, something definitely seems like it's in there unless he normally looks like that.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I'm almost sure that he has the cricket stuck in his throat now that you know he was fed a large one.

If you're uncomfortable handling him and trying to remove it, I would look into seeing if you can go into a vets real quick and have them do it. If by off chance it is a respiratory infection instead, you'll still be at the right place for treatment.

-Brandon

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Beat case scenario would be he regurgitates it up himself. If not, there is a possibility it will continue to break down and eventually be swallowed. But if not, I'm sure you can imagine how it could lead to complications.

-Brandon

AndrewH17

Original Poster
I tried looking in his mouth and count see anything but little bubbles but he continues to do a regurgitation methods it looks like.. I have a short video clip of him doing it... I just don’t know how to send it

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Sorry I didnt get back to you last night.

How is he doing today? Any update for us?

Hoping for good news.

-Brandon

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
AndrewH17":xwgfemtf said:
Hey Brandon,
My roommate isn’t home so I’ll get an answer for you in a few minutes but to answer your question, no it’s not black breading it just looks swollen. And no he didn’t give it a bath. It’s only almost 4 months old and I haven’t bathed it yet..
Never had a bath?! U want to give your beardie a bath once a week that's how to get alot of water is their soaks and warm water helps digest things. Their naturally potty trained by nature warm water = poop invest in bee pollen it's an anti inflammatory and a natural antibiotic and helps their digestive track and maybe he is rubbing his beard becuase it helps maybe you should do that with your finger on his beard

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
AndrewH17":lrggd7ju said:
Should I leave my light on over night???
Never leave light on during the time he should be sleeping if u need night time heat you need a ceramic heat bulb not light

Wickedpogana

Juvie Member
Maybe hes dehydrated you said you never gave him a bath they tend to have stringy saliva when dehydrated maybe that's cause bubbles maybe just an educated guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom