Should I Be Giving My Bearded Dragon Calcium Everyday

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so its good you are checking up on this now but you want to get it changed out asap - temps for her should be 105-110
Karrie

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":3nnjdq3f said:
Yep and those kits are NO GOOD -- you can get the Reptisun 26 watt - I have not heard anything bad about them yet - but IMO I would ditch the coil all together and get this
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/images/detailed/8/xt5-ho.jpg.pagespeed.ic.t_5kd2hzxt.webp
24" fixture w/ this bulb 22" - https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/images/detailed/8/xarcadia-bulb-white.jpg.pagespeed.ic.FsL3waO-3N.webp
these are really good bulbs and they need to be replaced once a year - if you notice it has the D3
please ask if you have any more questions
Karrie
Yep nothing premium about those kits.

Make sure the 26W Reptisun is rated 10%UVB and not 5%UVB. I've not used that globe, but have been using the Exo Terra 26W UVB200 globes for my bearded dragons in their rearing tubs for years with very good results.

ryexbread

Original Poster
the reason i never realized this was incorrect is because she’s seemed happy and she regulates her temperature quite a lot so i thought she was hot enough, and also the fact woth all the research i did no one mentioned this. recently she has been stressed slightly so i’ve been really nervous.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
KarrieRee":wme3numa said:
Ok so its good you are checking up on this now but you want to get it changed out asap - temps for her should be 105-110
Karrie

I'd be a bit more concervative on the basking spot temperature , no hotter than 40 degC ( 105 F ) as it's closer to it's preferred body temperature..

This will encourage the dragon to bask a bit longer and gives a good margin for safety as you can not trust the accuracy of thermometers unless you know their calibration is good.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ryexbread":hs77v9a2 said:
coulf you upload a screenshot or picture of that light and it’s packaging

26w-uvb200.png

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok so you only need one basking bulb - either the 26 watt or switch to the Tube-- a fixture/ hood w/ reflector w/ a Reptisun 10.0 bulb T 5 I think I posted links to website for that- the Arcadia bulbs are good they are w/ D3
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
ryexbread":1ih1t1m6 said:
107374-7938625561.jpg

this is pretty much what i bought

karrie is right friend. I bought that same kit when i first got my beardie and i ended up buying all new stuff. if you have the money i would get the reptisun hood with a 10.0 HO T5 uvb tube that's what us and our baby use. You should definitely aim to get the hot side to around 105 for digestive purposes. Stay on this forum you will get the help you need. Take it from me a question is never a dumb one when it comes to the health of our lil ones. Welcome and Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zypted
Top Bottom