Trusted Dubia Company??

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Trusted Dubia Company??

Postby frederickajordan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:04 am

Hello everyone!

I have been ordering "200 medium" roaches from DBD Pet and every time so many roaches are dead and there are not even close to 200 roaches being in the shipment, maybe around 100. Not to mention many of them are on the small end. I'm done with it and I need recommendations on a trusted dubia company.

Thank you! :)
frederickajordan
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Trusted Dubia Company??

Postby DorgEndo » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:58 am

You could try https://Sellingdubia.com

I haven't bought from them personally, however they seem like a trustworthy source for dubia
Devlyn my beautiful bearded dragon, approx hatch 8/18, mine since 2/19. Kitty Greysie born 3/06. Lttle rescue Charlie the American grey tree frog, found 11/18. Lots of house plants, I like cacti and succulents.
DorgEndo
Juvie Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 am

I use dubiaroaches.com --- they are good and fast and the shipment is what I order --- roaches are alive when I get them -- just got some this morning - horn worms and butter worms --- all alive
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Addict

Postby DragonPete » Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:32 am

Hate to hear that about DBD Pet. I use them for Supers, thru Amazon and only issue I had was shipping time. I used them because that's who my DIL has been using for a year but neither of us order Dubias. Have you contacted them? I sure would! That might happen ONCE but not again. I'd be po'd for sure! Too expensive for half to be dead or to be shorted on count.
Hope you find someone more dependable or DBD Pet steps up and does the right thing by you.
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby frederickajordan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:35 am

DragonPete wrote:Hate to hear that about DBD Pet. I use them for Supers, thru Amazon and only issue I had was shipping time. I used them because that's who my DIL has been using for a year but neither of us order Dubias. Have you contacted them? I sure would! That might happen ONCE but not again. I'd be po'd for sure! Too expensive for half to be dead or to be shorted on count.
Hope you find someone more dependable or DBD Pet steps up and does the right thing by you.
-Dee

They did refund me for my last order due to half of them being dead which was nice but now I'm out of roaches and I got this order a week ago. But every order I have ever had is short and there are a handful of dead ones. Like you said I do understand once but not everytime :(
I just ordered 100 XL dubia and 12 medium hornworms from dubiaroaches.com like KarrieRee suggested and it was cheaper than "200 medium" from DBD. I am hoping this company is better
frederickajordan
Newbie Poster

Postby frederickajordan » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:35 am

KarrieRee wrote:I use dubiaroaches.com --- they are good and fast and the shipment is what I order --- roaches are alive when I get them -- just got some this morning - horn worms and butter worms --- all alive
Karrie

I am going to give this company a shot, thank you for your help!
frederickajordan
Newbie Poster

Postby MrSpectrum » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:49 am

I've been ordering from Reptile Deli
No complaints at all--very well packed, insulated, & heated during cold weather.
I can't say I've counted (ordering 500-1000 at a time) but calculating from how many meals I get (which I do count out) I'd say I've gotten more like 600 & 1100. There's bound to be some variation in size, as I understand most places sift them. Some smaller ones have come through, but so have some larger ones.
ImageImageImage
MrSpectrum
Gray-bearded Poster

Postby Gormagon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:09 pm

I get mine from ABDragons and no dead ones yet that I have seen.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
RIP Peaches 10-1-18 Forever in my Heart
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Postby DragonPete » Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:39 pm

frederickajordan wrote:
DragonPete wrote:Hate to hear that about DBD Pet. I use them for Supers, thru Amazon and only issue I had was shipping time. I used them because that's who my DIL has been using for a year but neither of us order Dubias. Have you contacted them? I sure would! That might happen ONCE but not again. I'd be po'd for sure! Too expensive for half to be dead or to be shorted on count.
-Dee

They did refund me for my last order due to half of them being dead which was nice but now I'm out of roaches and I got this order a week ago. But every order I have ever had is short and there are a handful of dead ones. Like you said I do understand once but not everytime :(
I just ordered 100 XL dubia and 12 medium hornworms from dubiaroaches.com like KarrieRee suggested and it was cheaper than "200 medium" from DBD. I am hoping this company is better

Let us know how it goes, if you are satisfied, etc. Hope it's a better experience for sure!
-Dee
-Dee
DragonPete
Sub-Adult Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 pm

I use dubideli and dubiaroaches.com for my roaches, dubideli almost always has good roaches.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.

Postby Gormagon » Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:50 pm

HippieLizards wrote:I use dubideli and dubiaroaches.com for my roaches, dubideli almost always has good roaches.

The issue I have with them is they are out of stock on the quantities I like ordering most of the time but when I do get them there I have always been greatly satisfied.
The wonderful world of bearded dragons is a magical land of mystery, enchantment, cuddles, love and, worry! A mysterious realm where things always seem to change in an instant and, the moment you think you have it all figured out, the rules change! You think you own your dragon, guess again. You are now a slave!!!
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby jimmykohn » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Hey, which quantities are you particularly interested in? Is Amazon an option?
jimmykohn
Newbie Poster

Postby Gormagon » Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:44 pm

jimmykohn wrote:Hey, which quantities are you particularly interested in? Is Amazon an option?

I generally order 500 but those quantities are limited in some cases. Amazon is just a broker, I like to know where they come from.
Gormagon
Extreme Poster

Postby jimmykohn » Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:06 pm

You might want to check here https://www.amazon.com/stores/node/12692197011. I didn't try ordering there but that might an option to consider.
jimmykohn
Newbie Poster

Postby HippieLizards » Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:55 am

I generally get 1.5k 1000 adult size dubias and 500 mediums or smalls for my younger dragons and my geckos.
Slave and Personal janitor to Five Beardies, one Crested gecko, one leopard gecko, three Betta fish, a Cat, a Ball python, and a community fish tank. (R.I.P my precious Thor, Cisco, & Ruby. You three will always be in our hearts).
HippieLizards
Gray-bearded Poster

Location: South of Neptune, Hidden away in my magical dragon lair.
- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Next

Return to Feeding